Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Updating to firmware 3.4

cincura.net

Question

Anybody having success updating motion sensor to 3.4 from 3.3 on HC3? My update is basically forever in this state.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_01/img.png.4e19a2a0e5f75616e22d9c7070e7d024.png" />

Of course I did manual wake up of the device, but still 0%. Any ideas where (some API) to look for more information?

• Like 1

Here is the one that worked for me.

When it said "Waiting for communication", i pressed the button once and it wakes up the sensor and the update process triggers and so about the half way it seems to loose the communication again and needs a button press again and finally a button press again when the upgrade process completes.

So there is no need of factory reset as such needed for my three sensors to upgrade.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Also you have to refresh the screen, it has no auto refresh while updating (in my case)

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, hkocken said:

Same problem for me, after a retry it stay's on: Queued for updating !!

Yep. Seen that as well. But IIRC that was shown when I started updating 2nd motion sensor and the first one was still "pending"/stuck.

Same problem. On Fibaro helpdesk they told me to make on HC3 factory reset and try updating FW of motion sensor again. I didn't try it yet.

14 hours ago, Adam81 said:

Same problem. On Fibaro helpdesk they told me to make on HC3 factory reset and try updating FW of motion sensor again. I didn't try it yet.

Incredible to propose to do a facory reset, this means the system is not ready to be sold on the market, it is still in a experimental phase, not for professional use.

• Like 2

Same problem here.. make HC3 factory default is unacceptable.

I tried it now two times the first time it went okay but after making a cloud back-up it sames disappeared...

so now I placed the motion sensor near to the HC3 as Marius told so I'm waiting

I have problems with 2 of my 6 sensors.. 4 of them successfully updated, but with the remaining two, I get the same issue (The progress bar just stays at 0%).

With the ones that successfully upgraded, HC3 said "waiting for communication" after I pressed the upgrade button, and then I had to "wake up" the devices, and after that they started updating and the progress moved. After reaching 100% I had to wake them up once more and after that HC3 reported success. With these two final devices, HC3 never says "waiting for communication". It seems the process doesn't really start.. The progress bar just sits at 0%..

If anyone has any suggestions, please share. A HC3 reset is a big no no for me.. 

I have tried to press cancel and restart the process. I've tried rebooting HC3 multiple times, nothing seems to help.

Edited by Ettrig
    • Like 1

I went to the same process. At last I succeeded by removing the motion sensor by hitting the red MIN button in 5.Devices screen, followed by triple click on B button on device, and adding it again to my HC3.

Then hit Upgrade button, it said 'Queued for Checking, then  'Waiting for communication - so I woke device with single click on B button.

It went ok, progression bar moves up to 49% - and it 'hangs' here. Single click did not help..

Then I found reported in HC3 dashboard that my Motion's battery appeared dead (? - it was around 70% before).

Ok... Where do i get a new battery that quick? Hence I took a (TV) remote control having 2 AA batteries, put some plastic between the Motion's battery contact points to keep it isolated, but using it for pressure to connect two wires between de remote control 2 full AA batteries (= 3 V) and the Motion sensor battery, and it lights up! Soon dashbard reports it full again 100%.

Now continuing the update process (by a single click to wake the device) untill success, but after refresh it still states 3.3 (not 3.4).

Repeated above steps, had to wake it at 49%, continued to 98%, seems to hang here. Refreshing screen shows 'Waiting for communication', hence i woke up device again (single click), and now it reported Success.
    Refreshed 5.Device page, expand device, tab General and version = 3.4 (yes! :) )

Then restored some Names and Parameters, revert back to internal battery, but that battery (CR123A Lithium) seems to be really dead (2.7 volt instead of 3V).

So ordering new batteries online to replace the dead battery - this removing/adding/updating process costs a lot of battery power apparently - the motion sensor from New (Oct 2020) till now - appr. 5 month..

• Inquirer
  • Tried again with 5.070 HC3.

With one I went through the pain of excluding and including. Then I was able to update the FW. But that's lame. Especially given this is Fibaro's own controller and device.

Without excluding and including I was able to start the update and I saw "New image was successfully stored in temporary non-volatile memory. The device will now start storing the new image in primary non-volatile memory dedicated to executable code. Then the device will restart itself." (together with the light blue color). But the update didn't proceed any further. I wish some more detailed logging was available.

I could probably take time and do the excluding and including on all of my sensors, IF somebody from Fibaro would say "Hey, we fucked up XYZ, this is the only way." (or that I did, in some way). I understand, stuff happens. But throwing the excluding and including "solution" onto me without explanation (which I would take as a great learning opportunity) just annoys me.

BTW the API says:

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by cincura.net

I had problems with this to, and the only thing that worked for me was to take the sensor down and press the button 3 times and wait. 

This action seemed to "wake up" the device. 

Did this on another too, and it seems to work .

PS: I had to press the button another three times after the uploadprosses was done, to establish communication with the device.

Hope this works for you to

Edited by Hellis86
    • Like 1

Seems like a very poor user experience for updating.

I'm on v5.040.37 of HC3 and each sensor needs to be waken up several times during update process (when says 'waiting for communication).

Also can only update one device at a time so takes a long time to update all the devices!

Also updates say they were successful but after refreshing page it says update available and you have do the update again! 

Edited by arvin