Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

QuickApp - Enphase Envoy monitoring

twanve

Question

ENPHASE ENVOY MONITOR

• This Quickapp retrieves; wattsNow, wattHoursToday, wattHoursSevenDays and wattHoursLifetime from the local Enphase Evoy (S ore Metered)
  • In the QuickApp labels wattHoursToday, wattHoursSevenDays and wattHoursLifetimes is shown 
  • The wattsNow is shown in the top (under the sunpanel icon)
  • data refresh standard every 10 seconds, but Enphase Evoy update every 15 minutes (at this moment, but can change after software changes by Enphase)

• Tested with:
  • Envoy-S-Metered-EU
  •  Softwareversion: 5.0.54
  • HC3 | 5.100.22

Version 1.1 (03th April 2022)

• New download file, QA as Energie meter

Version 0.3 (26th January 2021)

• bug: for HC3 5.051 users are not both values vissable. This QA copies to Multilevel QA
  • Change in Variable possible:
  • ShowData: 1 --> Top: wattHoursToday | bottem: wattHoursSevenDays (default)
  • ShowData: 2 --> Top: wattsNow | bottem: wattHoursSevenDays

Version 0.2 (22th January 2021)

• Initial version

Variables (mandatory and automaticaly generated): 

• IPaddress = IP address of your local Enphase Envoy
  • Path = Path, normally "api/v1/production" (don't changes unless you know what you are doing)
  • Interval = Number in seconds, the Enphase Monitor normally is updated every 10 seconds
  • debugLevel = Number (1=some, 2=few, 3=all, 4=simulation mode) (default = 1)
  • Example content Json table
  • { "wattHoursToday": 5480, "wattHoursSevenDays": 21271, "wattHoursLifetime": 4122447, "wattsNow": 0 }

How to install: 

• Open the Configuration Interface
  • Go to Settings > Devices
  • Click  +
  • Choose Other Device
  • Choose Upload File
  • Choose file from your computer with .fqa

Vissable:

• On top, "wattHoursToday" (this value reset every day to zero at 00:00 hours)
  • bottom (log) the 7-day "wattHoursSevenDays"

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by twanve
  • Like 5

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, Bob Romijn said:

Thanks for the QA. It works, but I was wondering whether it could register the energy produced in the energy app? Now it "just" shows the power at that moment in a tile.

• Change in Variable possible:
    • ShowData: 1 --> Top: wattHoursToday | bottem: wattHoursSevenDays (default)
    • ShowData: 2 --> Top: wattsNow | bottem: wattHoursSevenDays

On 2/18/2022 at 11:18 PM, Bob Romijn said:

Thanks for the QA. It works, but I was wondering whether it could register the energy produced in the energy app? Now it "just" shows the power at that moment in a tile.

@

Please login or register to see this link.

: I believe it is possible to change the type of the QA to production, in that case it will be visible n the energy panel. But i don't know how.... Can you fix that? 

That is possible, but @twanve has the source code. If the quickapp contains only one main device, you can add a new quickapp, choose device type energy meter, add the source code, fill in the right quickapp variables and you should be ready for the energy panel. 

• Inquirer
  • Type QA is already "energie meter"

Edited by twanve

Ah, then you should be able to set it to production and use it in the energy panel.

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Inquirer
  • Looks nice:-)

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • strange, I think upload the wrong file:-(
    New file for download, with QA as Energie Meter

4 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

btw the .fqa file for download in the first post is a multilevel sensor. 

exactly what i see...

1 hour ago, twanve said:

strange, I think upload the wrong file:-(
    New file for download, with QA as Energie Meter

great! i will check it right away!

Please login or register to see this code.

"/usr/share/lua/5.3/json/encode.lua:88: Failed to encode value, encoders for function deny encoding

la ligne 88: 

self:logging(3,"error: " ..message)

• Inquirer
  • Strange, from this QA never a Error seen. Reboot the Envoy en check....

@twanve

Thanks for your QA.

I was wondering if it would be possible to extract the consumption reported by other devices from the consumption reported by your QA?

I Have devices reporting there consumption, but by far not all my consumers are reporting. Now in the "Energy Panel", the consumption is not representing the real consumption, as the consumption of the metered devices are counted twice.

I know I could exclude the metered devices from the "energy Panel", but it is nice to see where the consumed power is going.

Thanks.

• Inquirer
  • If you want all consumption reported, you need for all electric devices in your house Fibaro power modules. Very expensive....

What you can do is, reed you smart grid meter, from the P1 port.

In this form you find different examples with hardware en QA to do that.

@twanve

Thanks for your reply, but I think you understand my question wrong.

I have installed your QA twice, once for production and once for consumption. This is working as expected, both showing the same values as in my Enphase app.

But I have also some devices (washing machine, dryer, etc.) connected to Z-Wave modules which report the energy usage.

Now in the "Energy Dashboard" of the HC3, I see the total consumption (your QA) added by the consumption of the individual devices. So the consumption of these devices are counted twice.

What I am looking for, is to extract the consumption of the individual devices from the total consumption reported by Enphase (your QA) and report that to the "Energy Dashboard" as "rest consumption", so that the total consumption shown in the "Energy Dashbord" is the real "total" consumption.

So my actual question: Is it possible in your QA to retrieve the consumption of all individual reporting devices and extract that from the consumption value you get from the Envoy, before reporting it as "consumption" to the Fibaro system?

A long story, I hope it makes any sense.

BTW, I see you live in the Netherlands, at RobbShop they sell some really cheap switches with power measurement ("Hank Slimme stekker"). I bought twenty of them mostly for power measurement. I see the 5-pack is  €80 now (I did buy them last Monday for €65 per 5). 

Edited by _Wilco_

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, _Wilco_ said:

@twanve

Thanks for your reply, but I think you understand my question wrong.

I have installed your QA twice, once for production and once for consumption. This is working as expected, both showing the same values as in my Enphase app.

I don't understand that you install this QA twice? The normal Enpahse Envoy reported only what the sun panels deliver production.

I think it's not possible to reported you house consumption with a normal Envoy, ONLY with the new Envoy S-Metered with install the CT-100 split units.

I don't have this extra Enphase CT-100 units install, so can not tested this way of consumption monitoring (my QA is not made for this)

What I use, the P1 port to read the power consumption icm Iungo and the QA. (see forum).

Only at this moment my energiepanel is not 100% compleet, I use the wrong Child devices with Iungo QA.

At the forum you find the new Iungo QA, made buy @SmartHomeEddy In this new QA are the new Child device (consumpton) for the energie panel

1 hour ago, _Wilco_ said:

@twanve

Ah, I do have the Envoy-S Metered. I Installed an extra QA for consumption.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_10/image.png.f8dc49cbca5853e40b8200b6f6117135.png" />

image.png.a38ca2a5ad8c34d740d22e23c672c898.png

image.png.a51e2aa9add981998fff217ef0b606bf.png

image.png.1bb3a2a2e502a1a78142e012a33bc8a4.png

I will look in to your QA if I can find a solution for that. 

Do you or anyone else know if it is possible to retrieve the current consumption reported by devices, from the Fibaro (HC3) system?

Thanks

Edited by _Wilco_
    • Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilco_ said:

Do you or anyone else know if it is possible to retrieve the current consumption reported by devices, from the Fibaro (HC3) system?

I hope I understand you correctly, in my P1 Monitor Quickapp I get the consumption of all consumption reported devices.

@SmartHomeEddy

Thanks, I will look into that.

Do you know if it is possible to get the selected "Meter Configuration" (consumption/production) set on the "advanced" tab of the QA?