Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Smart implant and Fronius Symo solar inverter

laatzu

Question

Hi,

Can anyone help or anyone has experience with Fibaro Smart Implant and Fronius solar system inverter?

I can set Fronius to send relay info (Digital signal output) like in case if I can have enough solar power from system available.

Can I connect it to Fibaro smart implant INPUT wires to get info from Fronius and configure like Z-wave plug connected water heater to startup?

2 answers to this question

@laatzu

Yes, your system allows you to close an external relay. My recommendation: add a 12VDC (12.8) power supply, connect it to the Uext input terminal (+), connect to the GND terminal (-). Add external relays (for galvanic isolation of the circuit), one pole on GND, second pole on I / O1.
Only connect the NO / C contact of this relay to the IN1 smart implant. Use a separate power supply to power the SmartImplant (including the GND measuring potential, which you connect via a relay contact).
Why are you so complicated? Because from my own practice I know what problem inverters are solar devices !.
And then it's standard work with scenes in HC.

It is available to read information if you have an inverter with a web manager. HTTP JSON communication is available. However, this means that you must have a QA that will periodically query the inverter and ask for status. It depends on how you want a "quick" response to attach the load.
Personally, I recommend going the relay route. It will be faster, more reliable. But I would not reject QA, it has its pros, allow you to integrate a lot of information.

eM.

• Like 1