Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro, what's going on with you?

ggrizliv

Question

Fibaro, what's going on with you? HC3 Lite?!? Why you realise such limited hub? Come on.. HC lite for small installation, ok, but HC3 lite? 1 MJPG cam? Only 20 scenes? come on!

This hub is totaly doomed to failure. Why you not just update and support what you promise on HC3 on start? You were best until 2016, but now you lost on all line to competitors.... sad... i'm very disappointed and i'm not alone... 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, ggrizliv said:

This hub is totaly doomed to failure.

I don't think so, there is a market for a lite version of the HC3 at that pricing

On 2/15/2021 at 8:02 PM, ggrizliv said:

Why you not just update and support what you promise on HC3 on start?

Yes, it is a bit harsh to see resources going to HC3L while there is still a lot to do. 

• Like 2

I guess they lack money and Fibaro tries to get money into the coffers with the HC3L.
You don't see that a good working system that we would certainly advertise would bring in more money.
Fast money is insecure money, continuity and quality are actually the icing on the cake for a company.
Let's hope that goes well and we are bothered with the "5.061.36".
More than about 80 days of beta test is already significant.
You can interpret a lot here.
Greetings Frank

• Like 2

For sure, there is a significant piece of market to be covered by smart home hubs with lower pricing level. Maybe it is something difficult to embrace for forum users, but from business point of view it should not be. I do not understand your point of view. 

Since Fibaro is not a Rolls-Royce, I think better is to sell huge amount of a cheap devices than couple of expensive. After I read Your post, FBerges, it could be the case - beside the HomeCenter devices, the prices for all of the accessories looks to be extremely high, comparing to the other solutions. Since Fibaro was unique and easy to manage, It make the sense, but today - with that poor service quality - seems to be go down.

8 hours ago, FBerges said:

I guess they lack money and Fibaro tries to get money into the coffers with the HC3L.
You don't see that a good working system that we would certainly advertise would bring in more money.
Fast money is insecure money, continuity and quality are actually the icing on the cake for a company.
Let's hope that goes well and we are bothered with the "5.061.36".
More than about 80 days of beta test is already significant.
You can interpret a lot here.
Greetings Frank

I really think you are right, i do think money is a problem at fibaro.

We'll see if the delliver or go bankrupt.

They cancceld new devices to put the money in hc3lite (i guess)

Gentlemen, if I think about it like that, from Fibaro's point of view, on the contrary, it makes economic sense. Feel it.
There are many clients who need 3-4 lights, 1-2 thermometers, one LED strip. And buying a "combine" when they just need a "scythe" is a waste of money for them - and they'd rather end up with nonsensical Wi-Fi systems. As a result, Fibaro sells a controller (HC3L) and a pile of Z-wave devices.
In the next step, when it will not be enough for the customer, he often pushes the HC3L into an overpressure, and when he already has the Fibaro Z-Wave device, he buys a new, more powerful "combine" HC3 ...
As a result, Fibaro will not lose the customer and will even increase his income again.

The fact that this approach now builds existing customers, because they reduce their development capacity, is something else ..

For me it can be an option, I have 21 devices, 15 scenes and 1 camera, I use a HCL and I have it without modifications for 3 years. 
Buying a HC3 is an investment that would not bring me much, for me the most attractive are the use of other protocols but for this I use homebridge.
HC3L is an option because the cost is very attractive and it fits my needs and I would have LUA!!!!
In my situation would you not buy it? why? 

Enough said, Im done and switching finally to Homey. So far has been a delight ? Multi protocols, plugins and works very well.

Hello. I bought an HC3 lite for a weekend house. I was curious how the Fibaro control system works. I'm disappointed the web application is crashing at any moment. In the morning, I press the Fibaro button and it takes for about 1 minute for the desired switch to close. I like the Fibaro device, but the gateway and programming is very cumbersome. I have a Homey Pro at home and I must say that it is something completely different. It works perfectly, in addition it supports Zigbee, thermometers 433 Mhz.

• Like 1

I suppose there may be something very wrong in your Z-wave network as it takes 1 minute. Something must innundate it. 

I bought a HC3L a few days ago. I switched from the Zipatile by Zipato. It just didn't work anymore and did not get many updates in software. So i decided to try Fibaro.
The HC3 is too pricy imho for my quite small setup. I use several hue lights, a IR controller, a Roller Shutter, 2 movement sensors and 3 thermostats. That's it. For years I did not change that setup.

So, the HC3L is suitable with it's restrictions - but of course I don't like them.

What does bother me more is indeed, that the software seems not much better than the one that Zipato has out. Starting out with the fact, that the system sometimes just show string variables instead of e.g. tooltip texts.

And the app is... well... I don't wanna get into it.

I really hope, that this will get better at some point.

On a positive note though, I was able to integrate all actors the way I need them. The most hurtful part were the hue lights... quite a struggle.

The rest worked and now my home cinema starts and stops with a single click again ;)

W dniu 19.02.2021 o 14:58, Enriquez napisał:

Since Fibaro is not a Rolls-Royce, I think better is to sell huge amount of a cheap devices than couple of expensive. After I read Your post, FBerges, it could be the case - beside the HomeCenter devices, the prices for all of the accessories looks to be extremely high, comparing to the other solutions. Since Fibaro was unique and easy to manage, It make the sense, but today - with that poor service quality - seems to be go down.

I'm just doing my research and it's seems that any z-wave accessories costs more or less $50, I mean like Aotec etc. Zigbee like all these branded Tuya accessories are 3x cheaper thus wondering which way to go

people who want to compair zwave as being superior to zigbee are as people who say Microsoft Windows is better than Linux. They don't know any better ...

People @fibaro shame on you, or you say you won't ever support Zigbee or deliver a date when it will be supported !    

54 minutes ago, Ghostshell said:

people who want to compair zwave as being superior to zigbee are as people who say Microsoft Windows is better than Linux. They don't know any better ...

People @fibaro shame on you, or you say you won't ever support Zigbee or deliver a date when it will be supported !    

Great first post. It is (to me) like entering a bar, nobody knows who you are, and first start shouting at the people just drinking their beer they don’t know better and second start shouting at the bartender he serves lousy beer …

?‍♂️

• Like 3

I generally feel some nasty fibes here against fibaro. 

That while at the same time I see that it seems that they are working very hard on the improvements. Do not get me wrong. I'm also sorry that some things don't work as advertised. But come on, a lot of things have a reason, I probably don't know half of them...... I am still having a great time with the things I buy (and do some research on your own beforehand). 

Anyway, staying positive results in.....results :) Or at least that works for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostshell said:

people who want to compair zwave as being superior to zigbee are as people who say Microsoft Windows is better than Linux.

who/what do you mean?