Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Reconfigure mesh network

FBerges

Question

Hi

I would like to carry out a reconfiguration in mash with some devices.
That works under the menu item "z-wave", "Reconfigure mesh network".
Then select device and press execute.
So far so good.
But that's not possible for me, both fields are grayed out.
I have the following incident here:
HC3, firmware 5.061.36, Brouser (it doesn't matter for anyone), user admin.
Is there a limitation?
Do I have to specify something else?
How can I activate this.
Restarting, changing language, etc. did not help.
This seems to work for others with the same configuration.

Greetings Frank

Edited by FBerges

1 hour ago, FBerges said:

How can I activate this

If I open the mesh reconfig page it's alway's grayed out. After pressing "shift reload" it ungray's after a couple of seconds.

• Inquirer
  • Hello neighbours

No, both suggestions of @pnutp0wer and @Flash don't work.
    But I thought I had already tried it.
    That must be something else.

Greetings Frank

2 hours ago, FBerges said:

Restarting

Did you try disconnect from power for a couple of minutes??

• Inquirer
  • Hello neighbours

No, no improvement either. 4 Brouser tried and your suggestions nothing worked.

Greetings Frank

• Inquirer
  • Hello to the north

Yes, I am logged in as admin and not as a normal user.

Greetings Frank

Hello @FBerges,

I think you have to go the long and lonely way through support.

Or wait for the next beta that should be released this month.

Edited by Flash

@FBerges

When you move the mouse pointer over the two buttons, do you get a red and white prohibition icon on both buttons or just on the right one (Neukonfigurieren)?

• Inquirer
  • @RH_Dreambox

Exactly such a prohibition symbol on both fields

Even changing the admin role to another user did not change anything

Greetings Frank

Edited by FBerges

@FBerges

So there is probably only action left through the Installer account. If you are a install yourself and have undergone certification training for Fibaro products in the past, you can ask your supplier (trainer) to start the Installer account process. It will take a while for Fibaro to verify the validity of the request.
    The installer can perform reconfiguration of the mesh site and more.

• Inquirer
  • Good Morning @Martin_N

This is an April Fool's joke right?
    I get a big deal straight away.
    Where did you get that information ?
    In another forum someone also has a HC3 also the beta and can use this function.
    If what you write is true (I believe you!) Then this is the height of cheek.
    Now I could rant for a long time, but that won't be of interest.
    We here are all the beta testers for Fibaro and help you to get the box going and the regulations?
    So now I'm in a bad mood enough for today.
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Frank

@FBerges

Frank, I definitely didn't mean to upset you. I meant it as honest advice when nothing else works. Try contacting Fibaro Technical Support or your supplier. I'm attaching some pictures that can be done from the Installer account. Restart, backup, reconfigure mesh, ... (unfortunately not a soft reconfiguration of the device).

I keep my fingers crossed that you can work again ..

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Inquirer
  • Good Morning @Martin_N

No no you didn't piss me off!

Greetings Frank

Edited by FBerges

On 2/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, FBerges said:

HC3, firmware 5.061.36, Brouser (it doesn't matter for anyone), user admin.
    Is there a limitation?

I don't know of any limitation. I am running that version. A new beta is "in the making" so if it is not urgent, then waiting on that release is an option.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:40 AM, FBerges said:

This seems to work for others with the same configuration.

Correct, but on the other hand we don't know how often people on this fw version click on those "mesh" buttons.

22 hours ago, FBerges said:

We here are all the beta testers for Fibaro and help you to get the box going and the regulations?

I am a beta tester and I was on holiday, and I have a rule: no Z-Wave when I am on holiday! My holiday was 100% Covid proof BTW.

Since this is a public beta version and not a private one you can simply mail to the support in your country and if that does not help mail to [email protected]

22 hours ago, FBerges said:

So now I'm in a bad mood enough for today.

I understand.

I wonder if it has to do with the HC3 thinking it is in some "state" that does not allow "neighbour updates". I can think of 2 reasons

- it is not the SUC/SIS controller, another controller has claimed that role. It is rare these days but still some devices can act as controllers.

- HC3 thinks it is still in "inclusion" or "exclusion" mode (*)

To test that hypothesis... Can you go to "add Z-Wave device" and does the countdown start? If you have a spare device, try to add and delete that spare.

That said... I would like to address another, unspoken question... What is your *real* problem? The one that causes you to think that doing a "mesh reconfigure" will help solve that problem

(*) EDIT There might be other reasons but I cannot think of any at the moment.

Edited by petergebruers
    • Like 1

@FBerges

there is something wrong with your HC3, e.g. that high memory usage is not typical, now the mesh reconfig. I would say, contact support (in Poland, not in Germany), and let them look via Remote Support.

• Like 2

Hello,

I also have a problem with Reconfigure mesh network on HC3 5.110.15.

I have a big system with around 200 devices. Because the enrolling process was very slow , during enrolling I moved the HC in several places to be closer to the devices.

After I finished the enrollment process I placed back the HC3 in its usual place and tried Reconfigure mesh network for whole network . It says Mesh network reconfiguration process succeeded

but this is happening way to fast ,almost instantly and I don't think it did it.

Same thing is happening if I select just 1 device.

Is it any way I can see what is happening during Reconfigure mesh network ? On HC2 if I remember correctly you could see the steps of the process in the console but on HC3 nothing appears in the console after reconfiguration.

I am almost sure that my HC3 does nothing when I try to reconfigure the mesh network.

My problem is that I have quite many devices that are getting disconnected and I have to manually wake them up(reconnect) from time to time. I didn't had that problem with the HC2 and the specs of HC3 are saying that it has a 50% better z-wave range than HC2....

Someone with the installer app could see how many hops your devices are making. In the same installer app it is also possible to refresh the network for a device. Maybe Fibaro support can also have a look. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, binoxGTS said:

I have a big system with around 200 devices. Because the enrolling process was very slow , during enrolling I moved the HC in several places to be closer to the devices.

Okay

Reconfigure mesh network for whole network

I usually recommend against this because you have little feedback about the process, as you have mentioned in your post indeed!

Battery powered devices will do this update when they wake up, which is random.

On a network that big, it wil cause tens of minutes of traffic so would be noticeable.

Apart from that, it is not a "bad" thing to do either. So... Meh... I don't see a problem here.

If you don't notice delays then mesh update isn't doing anything...

I only do one device at a time with very rarely a full mesh update due to the lack of feedback. My last device mesh update was... in 2021 I think.

but this is happening way to fast ,almost instantly and I don't think it did it.

After clicking the dialog, a process starts in the background, you won't see much after clicking

If you open console (edit: under cogwheel, bottom left right in browser) then you should see messages similar to this:

Please login or register to see this code.

s it any way I can see what is happening during Reconfigure mesh network ?

Messages in the "console" window.

My problem is that I have quite many devices that are getting disconnected and I have to manually wake them up(reconnect) from time to time.

Sorry to hear that. There are many possible causes, for example a device that got different (or just wrong) parameters and is causing trouble.

We may need to investigate that as well.

On a busy network, neighbour update fails so that may be a symptom and not a cause. Can be both.

the specs of HC3 are saying that it has a 50% better z-wave range than HC2....

I own both, and can confirm that the HC3 has a better range, so if everything would be identical before/after migration from HC2 to HC3 you would have more devices in direct range (not requiring routing). But that is not the only factor, eg you might live in a compact house and the HC2 might have had 95 % local coverage already

am almost sure that my HC3 does nothing when I try to reconfigure the mesh network.

I cannot remember, but I think it was mentioned on this forum, but mostly mesh update starts but then fails, and imho that is a different case... I'll keep trying. If you do not see anything in the console, you may need help from [email protected] or a reseller to check what is going on.

Edited by petergebruers

Anybody knows why they removed Reconfigure mesh network in the last firmware versions?

I am still having the problem and no solution yet...

Can this be done from the fibaro installer app?