Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Reconfigure mesh network

FBerges

Question

Hi

I would like to carry out a reconfiguration in mash with some devices.
That works under the menu item "z-wave", "Reconfigure mesh network".
Then select device and press execute.
So far so good.
But that's not possible for me, both fields are grayed out.
I have the following incident here:
HC3, firmware 5.061.36, Brouser (it doesn't matter for anyone), user admin.
Is there a limitation?
Do I have to specify something else?
How can I activate this.
Restarting, changing language, etc. did not help.
This seems to work for others with the same configuration.

Greetings Frank

Edited by FBerges

10 minutes ago, binoxGTS said:

Anybody knows why they removed Reconfigure mesh network in the last firmware versions?

Still there?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_11/image.png.d89e9d49a225acaae469fc4debd193bf.png" />

10 minutes ago, binoxGTS said:

Can this be done from the fibaro installer app?

Yes, an installer can re-route devices in the installer app. 

@binoxGTS

Hi try the scene, routing info for hc3. It will show you if there are any zwave mesh connections.

the download link is here:

scroll down a little bit to the message from jwi, there is the link to download the scene.

It doesn't need any configuration.

Which zwave engine did you choose for the hc3 installation? ZW3 or ZW2?

If you can't reconfigure the zwave network, I guess it's ZW3

If you can't reconfigure the zwave network, I guess it's ZW3

Yes, it is ZW3.

In the meantime I attended to the installer training to get access to the installer app.

Today I tried the installer app and it doesn't seem to help me at all. I tried to refresh the meshing for the first device and it doesn't seems to do anything. After 2+ hours it looks the same ( no info about meshing).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by binoxGTS

@binoxGTS

I don't like it very much.
However, even Fibaro claims that the ZW3 engine is "Beta" for testing in a non-production environment.
Follow the recommendations and even a huge amount of work with the exclusion and inclusion of all more than 200 devices - perform a factory reset and you will switch to a stable ZW2.
I'm not convinced about the stability of the latest FW, but anything will be better. than the current state.

• Like 1

@Martin_NHi about 2 month ago, I had opend a ticket about the same issues to Fibaro support. They've told me, the ZW3 engine is not even in alpha status yet. And also the Fibaro Installer App can not help about ZW3 issues.

So if you have installed ZW3 on a hc3/hc3l, you need to start from scratch with ZW2.

@binoxGTS

Ah... so I wrote Beta and it's not even Alpha :(
So... ZW3->ZW2 migration and possible downgrade to 5.120.10 could solve your problems.

Fabir has relevant information from support.

eM.

@Martin_NI also asked the Fibaro Support if there is a migration path from ZW3 > to ZW2. They've told me no, there is no migration possible. You have to start from scratch with ZW2.

About the downgrade to 5.120.10 I'm not sure. In my case, the latest release 5.130.64 is working OK.

@Fabir

Of course, I meant starting from scratch by migration. If you read my posts above, I recommended a factory reset, switch to ZW2.
It must be clear to everyone that with the factory settings, the complete configuration is lost and it starts over. I also wrote that it will be a lot of work to exclude those 200 devices and add them to the new one.
As for the fw version, I personally haven't yet found the courage to upgrade to a version higher than 5.110 even with the customer.
According to the reaction on the forum, it seems that 5.120 can be stable as well.
There is a procedure to download conretni fw and upload it to HC3 - search.

• Like 1

@binoxGTS the zw3 is not supported in installerapp (there are some other things not working anymore in installer app as well, Fibaro is aware about).

On zw3 firmware one can for sure call neighbours update via API commands, e.g. in swagger, under "zwave -> Node -> Node Neighbours update", and then "zwave -> Node -> Get Node Neighbour list" to watch results

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_12/image.png.d01061ca7fcfdcdc1ea1f97fc449ad87.png" />

So all the API calls are there and working, they simply not yet working from BUI (z-wave settings) nor InstallerApp

• Like 1

@tinmanHi, the main issue with hc3 and ZW3 engine, is the low range of the zwave network. In my case I've replaced a hcl with a hc3. All zwave devices remained on the same locations as with the hcl. Some of the devices lost connection all the time, others sometimes. I've startet from scratch, no migration.

Other people reported the same issues. Some people think that's not the case. I suggest try it out yourself.