Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Best method to turn ON or Off a number of devices depending on another devices state On or OFF ?

Dacron

Question

Hi

I'm trying to set up a "Good Night" command through Alexa. My problem is Sky box's use a IR toggle code to turn them on and off so if the sky box is off it's turned on by the IR sent in the scene. I have set up a smart implant that monitors the HDMI signal and indicate wether the box is on or off. I just need to figure out the code needed in a scene or virtual device to stop the sky IR code being sent if the units already off. I know this is possible with Lua but not sure of the best method or code with HC3.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hello Dacron,

This should hopefully do the trick for you.

Its a Quick app that calls a Command on another quick app, you would use this device to Call an action on your Skybox when you Call your Alexa "Good night" Command.

I have put some Instructions in the code itself.

Please login or register to see this attachment.