Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 now a light brick

DLA123

Question

HI all any input would be appreciated. 

I put a HC3 into a home and was running fine for 3 weeks. It was on temporary internet (4g sim modem) until the house was wired for permanent internet which happened this week. Tried to log into it to change the static IP address and it would not log in as it say my password was wrong. Out of interest I tried the default (admin/admin) and bingo im in. But..... it was a fresh install. no devices, no rooms nothing and no backups. The only info saved was the static ip address.

I put it into recovery mode and changed it to system B. Now it wont accept any login at all and i tried to put it back into recovery mode and it just keeps rebooting (lights right to left)
 but never shows a page. Doesn't show up in Fibaro finder.

My hopes of restoring the week of work setting this up is now gone and I am not confident to re-install this one (even if i can get it to factory reset) as i can not tell if it is hardware or software fault. 

Thoughts? 

1 answer to this question

Please contact support, probably something is wrong on your current system and it won't boot properly, after few tries it automatically switches to previous one (empty?). 

They can diagnose it :)

• Like 1