Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 Issues with light and no switch

MrOwen

Question

I am having a heck of a time trying to hook my dimmer up without a switch. Started with this forum post here: 

Please login or register to see this link.

but haven't had luck with what was said there. I have a line and a load from the ceiling (no neutral) and the leads from the lamp so a little different from the diagram Flix123 put up in the linked thread. I've tried hooking line wire into line terminal on dimmer, load wire + one of the lamp leads into output terminal on dimmer, and then the other lamp lead going into N terminal on dimmer. I also have a bypass and tried putting that in the N and output terminals on dimmer but when Flix123 says across load (from linked post), does that mean across the line and output terminals on the dimmer?

Another issue I'm having is that no matter how I hook everything up, it just fails calibration and the reset process. It used to pair way back (had it hooked up wrong though that time also) but I previously had weak z-wave signal issues so I was only ever able to get it to pair but no commands ever worked. Now, I'm trying round 2 since I resolved my weak z-wave signal problem but it won't even pair and I think it's because the calibration process failed and I don't know if it's because I did something to mess the unit up or if it's faulty...? When I attempt a reset, right after I confirm on the B button, it does a weak-ish green/yellow flash for a split second and then blinks red once. I remember the reset process used to take a few seconds and the yellow light would blink during that process. This stuff seems like it should be so simple but I am totally scratching my head here :( If my wiring descriptions aren't clear, I can certainly post diagrams of the configurations I've tried so far.

1 answer to this question

Couple of points to help:

1. The Fibaro bypass is required for loads between 5W and 50W.  Below 5W the dimmer may not play well.  Placing it "across the load" means between dimmer output and neutral (ie connected to each of the two wires that go to the light bulb).  

2. You need to get the device and your home centre really close to each other to set up the device ie <2m.  Move one to be near the other, do the calibration, then move it back.  You might need to redo your z-wave mesh if the weak signal means that in the new locations, the signal path must use another device as a "repeater".

3.  Have a look in the online manual for the meaning of the green/red leds.  Also look at the range lest

Please login or register to see this link.