Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro HC3 HomeyPro

blokl

Question

Hello,

I was using the HC2 for several years with great pleasure. I was very excited that they released the HC3. But they bring it on the market when it wasn’t ready. So I waited till they finish all the problems.

Last week with problems with the HC2 I looks at the progress with the HC3. I only read about problems and thing they don’t work.

so I decided to buy a Homey Pro.

And I can tell you I’m so happy with this decision. Almost everything works. My Dooya curtains, my other then fibaro z-wave with all the options, my Hue, my Satel integra 64 and even my old Plugwise modules. The flows are easy to implement.  

The only thing that’s not works is my YouLess.
The Homey is cheaper and looks nicer then the HC3.

Sorry for Fibaro,

regards

Leo Blok

• Thanks 1

4 answers to this question

you're right ofcourse,  you have to go with the controller that fits best for youre needs.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, blokl said:

Hello,

I was using the HC2 for several years with great pleasure. I was very excited that they released the HC3. But they bring it on the market when it wasn’t ready. So I waited till they finish all the problems.

Last week with problems with the HC2 I looks at the progress with the HC3. I only read about problems and thing they don’t work.

so I decided to buy a Homey Pro.

And I can tell you I’m so happy with this decision. Almost everything works. My Dooya curtains, my other then fibaro z-wave with all the options, my Hue, my Satel integra 64 and even my old Plugwise modules. The flows are easy to implement.  

The only thing that’s not works is my YouLess.
The Homey is cheaper and looks nicer then the HC3.

Sorry for Fibaro,

regards

Leo Blok

Same here, Homey all the way for me right now. Until Fibaro brings out updates that allow 433Mhz, Zigbee and Nest support or anything like that :)

On 3/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, mbnn said:

Same here, Homey all the way for me right now. Until Fibaro brings out updates that allow 433Mhz, Zigbee and Nest support or anything like that :)

OK, Guys, happy to see you are happy with your homey's. I tried one too buthad to send it back because the Z-wave range was terrible, days and days of changing configurations and building a mesh didn't help: many devices only responded to the Homey every now and then. You couldn't trust it at all for Z-wave, whatever I did. 

So I returned it.

Is the z-wave range better and comparable to the HC2 or HC3 now  ?

In the meantime I am busy transferring all my devices to a Hubitat Elevation C7, which has a HUGE z-wave range: devices that needed several other devices to reach the HC2 or HC3 are now connected to the Hubitat diractly without any problems.