Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Migration from HCL to HCL3

Den James

Question

I'm using the HCL, but just got a HCL3. Is it possible to get all my lights, switches,... into the HCL3 without having to install them all again?

I know it's possible to migrate to a HC3, but that method doesn't seem to work for the HCL3.

Thanks.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I have the same problem, and the answer is unfortunately not very good. That is really sad and in my opinion completely not understandable. 

Please reconsider this, because in my opinion this is mandatory. If I would have known this before, maybe I would have bought a different system, and I think many others will think twice as well.

Greeting  Sebastian

atelly not very pleasent.That is really sad and in my opinion complitly not understandable. 

no there is no such migration path, and no plans afaik, so you will have to install them all again

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, Teklar Embar said:

I have the same problem, and the answer is unfortunately not very good. That is really sad and in my opinion completely not understandable. 

while i understand your frustration ...

If I would have known this before, maybe I would have bought a different system, and I think many others will think twice as well.

the information is there:

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

That is really sad and in my opinion complitly not understandable. 

it is due to Z-Wave chip technical restriction, zwave information from ZW300 chip can be migrated to ZW500 (used in HC3), but not to ZW700 (used in HC3L).

While of course there might be two step migration possible, Fibaro decided to "not play russian roulette with customer data", and placed HC3L as "for new installation" or "as slave". 

Please don't forget, HC3L recomended amount of z-wave modules is 40, which means something like 2-4 hrs for exclusion/inclusion.

Edited by tinman

On 6/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, tinman said:

Please don't forget, HC3L recomended amount of z-wave modules is 40, which means something like 2-4 hrs for exclusion/inclusion.

Yesss, if you have them on the table in front of you, not if they are put away behind switches etc.....

On 6/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, tinman said:

3 hours ago, okidoki said:

Yesss, if you have them on the table in front of you, not if they are put away behind switches etc.....

yes and no, lot of modules can be included with the attached switch