Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 does not have IP access

fastvd

Question

Hi to all.
I have HC3 for about 5 months, everything is OK, now I bought another HC3 and when I first started I installed a static IP and accidentally specified the wrong address: 192.168.0.255 which in fact can not be used on the network ... but HC3 accepted it and now I do not have access to the controller (request to developers to eliminate this glitch) ... according to the recovery instruction it all comes down to: when I'm in recovery mode - then you need to go to the web interface ... but my IP is not correct and I do not I can go to the web ... read the instructions for HC2, there was a static IP 192.168.81.1 in recovery mode ... in HC3 it's definitely not him ... and on DHCP I can not get HC3 to get the address ... what should I do?

7 answers to this question

@fastvd

And why not set your PC to the same range, for example the address 192.168.0.10?

Then you get to the HC3 administration and change the IP to the correct ...

Just a note. The address .255 at the end is not possible. This is a reserved address for broadcast 0 network! It should not even be possible to enter it into the configuration. But try it for sure.

Edited by Martin_N

32 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

It should not even be possible to enter it into the configuration. 

*abuse*, that works :( 

2 hours ago, fastvd said:

when I'm in recovery mode - then you need to go to the web interface ... but my IP is not correct and I do not I can go to the web ...

image.png.62243412e307b3a5ddd2e982705248d8.png

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, Martin_N said:

@fastvd

And why not set your PC to the same range, for example the address 192.168.0.10?

Then you get to the HC3 administration and change the IP to the correct ...

Just a note. The address .255 at the end is not possible. This is a reserved address for broadcast 0 network! It should not even be possible to enter it into the configuration. But try it for sure.

you don't understand ... ip addresses with the number 255 at the end are in principle not possible from the point of view of the networks themselves in a global sense. Wiki: The two addresses that cannot be used in the example are 192.168.123.0 and 192.168.123.255, as binary addresses with part of the master file of all and all zeros are not allowed. Invalid null address address because it is used to specify a network without specifying a host. The 255 address (in binary notation, the host address of all addresses) is used to broadcast the message to each host on the network. Just remember that the first and last address on any network or subnet cannot be assigned to a single host.

Now it is clear what the problem is?

Question: Does HC3 have any default IP when it goes into recovery mode (like HC2 has 192.168.81.1)

8 hours ago, tinman said:

Please login or register to see this link.

I did everything like that, but I say again: the problem is that the address I put (and HC3 accepted it) it is not correct and it is a priori impossible to go!

Edited by fastvd

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, tinman said:

Please login or register to see this link.

I tried so ... the network will not reset

try to connect to HC3 via it's integrated WiFi, right after you bootet into recovery (with buttons like above). The IP of the HC3 is then 10.42.0.1

• Inquirer
  • it turned out ... after holding 20s +, it was necessary to press + once more, on bulbs it was visible that at first WIFI received dynamics, and ethernet statics ... and then once again to hold + and only after that to receive 2 interfaces dynamics ... after which I immediately saw the IP on my router. thank you all!

Edited by fastvd

9 hours ago, fastvd said:

you don't understand ... ip addresses with the number 255 at the end are in principle not possible from the point of view of the networks themselves in a global sense. 

On the contrary, I understand network settings more than well! What I don't understand is that Fibaro does not have a well-known possibility to use "reserved" addresses.
    By the way, I'm glad your colleagues helped you find a way out of the problem. Have a nice day.
    eM.