Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NetAtmo - HC2 plugin not longer updating

Wimjanse

Question

I have a problem since two days with the NetAtmo plugin for my HC2.

I have my system running stable for 5 years now, without any problem. HC2 runs firmware 4.58 for 61 days, no issues.

Two days ago I noticed that NetAtmo data are no longer synced between NetAtmo and the HC2, so I can’t control my house heating anymore.

I do get the proper data in the NetAtmo app itself, and the plugin of the HC2 mentions that there is a connection to NetAtmo, but data are two days old and remain same since then.

I rebooted HC2, put new batteries in the NetAtmo devices and restarted those as well, but these simple things didn’t help.

Can anyone point me to a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Wim

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks, but 4.58 has been working stable for two months now.

I've read from this forum about the many problems with 4.60, and I never put a Beta version on my live system (controlling more then 20 lights, alarm, heating in all rooms, etc).

I'm still at a loss that Netatmo - HC2 connection suddenly stopped after working stable for about 5 years (with many versions of firmware)

Sorry, but I read a little carelessly and thought you meant the YR Weather plugin which was also a problem.
    Regarding beta versions, I have never had a problem with these.

If I have ever had problems, it is I myself who have caused these through carelessness and poor programming.

• Inquirer
  • Found the cause of the problem: my Netatmo system consist of main module + 2 indoor modules + outdoor module + rain sensor.

The rain sensor stopped working 5 days ago (flat batteries. and the bl...dy thing is located on the roof, not easy to reach).

As soon as one of the sensors disappears from the system, the HC2-Netatmo plugin stops updating, not only the sensor that's disappeared (logic), but all sensor's (bug in the plugin, in my opinion). So, as I use the indoor modules to start/stop the heating of the various rooms, 5 days without heating/temperature control.