Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energy consumption measurement - pulse counting

michal_pu

I am looking for QA for HC3, which would solve the measurement, resp. display of energy consumption by counting pulses from meters (smart implant). The current value should be displayed on the title bar. The unit should be adjustable.

Ideally something like here:

but without using the Raspberry Pi 4.

Electricity - reading of pulses, when the variables XXX kWh / 1 pulse will be entered in the variables. Ideally display the value of consumption in 1 month.
If it could still be divided into a high, low tariff and their sum, it would be only good.

Water - reading pulses, when the variables XXX l or m3 / 1 pulse will be entered in the variables. Ideally display the value of consumption in 1 month.
If it were possible to divide it into several sources (well, water supply system) and their sum, it would be just fine.

It would be ideal to export the values to an external database (free software that solves consumption monitoring or eg a table on google, eg every day at a specified time.)

If something like this already exists, I apologize for the duplication of the query.

Thank you

Edited by michal_pu

• Topic Author
  • The pulses will be sensed by SMART IMPLANT connected to the voltage-free contacts of the electricity meter and water meter

Edited by michal_pu

5 hours ago, michal_pu said:

The pulses will be sensed by SMART IMPLANT connected to the voltage-free contacts of the electricity meter and water meter

what do you use for generating of pulses?

• Topic Author
  • pulses are generated by both a water meter (with an impulse voltage-free contact) and an electricity meter (with an impulse voltage-free contact - switching contact S1).

@michal_pu

Since I am professionally left reading energy (electricity, water, gas, heat), I have traveled many paths.
    You need to realize the basic thing: what happens in the event of a power outage during reading?
    You must have a back-up power system and a read function.
    For building applications and they use meters based on some M-bus, Modbus. Meter states (pulses or direct values processed by the meter) are stored in the internal memory of the meter, which is backed up. They often have different meters and their own batteries that allow continuous sensing even in the event of a power failure or a reading system failure.
    The measured data can be extracted from the internal registers at any time by protocol.

Your solution with SmartImplat is possible, but:
    1) ensure the functionality of the measurement system (SI) in the event of a power failure
    2) ensure data storage functionality in the event of a power failure

If you do not have the possibility of deviations in the measurement due to the dropout, continue further towards SI, it will be a good choice with storage directly in HC.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for evaluating the whole issue of measurement. I am aware that this will not be an accurate measurement that will correspond to the actual measured value from the billing electricity meter or water meter. I need to get the HC "overview" measurement of all input media (water 1, water 2, electricity high tariff, electricity low tariff, ideally in the future the possibility of expansion with other media).
    I help myself a bit that the whole HC system and power supply for the meters are from a backup UPS.

So is there anyone who would help me with QA for HC3? Thank you

• Topic Author
  • please contact the expert again @SmartHomeEddy
    As a beginner I can't move in programming, but I thought, would it be a problem to modify an already functional QA?

Use pulses (sensor detection) and define their value as inputs.

I'm sure more users would be interested.

Thank you

I you connect a Raspberry Pi (cost the same a for example a smart implant) to your P1 Monitor, I could help you with a working solution. I have no idea how you wan't to collect pulses from the smart implant in the QuickApp. 

(The way the QuickApp now works, it quit simple. It reads the actual measurements and meter values with a simple interface (API) from an application on a small computer (RPi). That application collects the values from the energy meter (and water meter).)

• Topic Author
  • @SmartHomeEddy 

I had in HC2 done water measurement this way. The smart implant detected a violation, which caused the set value to be added to the variables.

Please login or register to see this code.

I have all smart implans already installed, but after switching to HC3 they no longer work as before. I didn't want to buy another device for measuring consumption.

Is it a problem to load impulses into variables? And eg to reset them once a month? And even at best, send to an external spreadsheet or application? On the home screen, they would appear as a device with a label that indicates the current energy consumption since the beginning of the month.

I dealt with water consumption, heat pump electricity consumption, house consumption from the main electricity meter. All these devices give impulses.

thank you

• Topic Author
  • it was written as a block scene (not LUA), only for communication purposes I had it converted to LUA.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_03/image.png.7d6924dee8db8fb13e29d5858887c98c.png" />

The operation is as follows. After breaking the sensor smart implant - add the value 0.0003 in the variables.

Value 0.0003 is in m3 = 0,3 l of water.

Edited by michal_pu

That would mean you could also make a block scene on the HC3. But I somehow doubt it will give an accurate reading (?)

• Topic Author
  • The problem is that the block scene cannot be written, resp. not possible - I can't enter the addition of 0.0003 to variables.
    I still have to test the accuracy and compare it with the water meter

• Topic Author
  • Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this code.

I have written this way in the scene (the first part of the condition - sensor violation, the second part of the action, when the value should be added to the variables). But it doesn't work. Where is the mistake please?

You could add a debug statement in the action part, to see if the conditions are met and if it is the condition or action part that has the problem. 

In the condition part you check if the value is true. Maybe it has to be > 0. You can check the value of ID 316 in the "Swagger" part of the HC3. 

Hi,

Is there somewhere to set formula for flow calculation @ device level? I have waterflow meter connected to Fibaro smart implant, now I would like to set the formula in order to convert the number of rpm/pulse into litre/ M3, can someone help?

Thanks a lot.

• 7 months later...

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

You got something out of this. I am trying to do the same, but I want to know if the values will appear in m3