Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant setup for NICE MCA2/

rasenkantenstein

Question

Hi all, 

I would like to use the Smart Implant to open a gate connected with a NICE MCA2/MC424 control. 

When opening the lid I do see the following setup:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Also, here's a screenshot of the manual:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

There's already one external (Hörmann) switch connected to the terminals 9/10 and 12/15. 

From what I can see I would need to connect the implant's power to terminals 9 and 10 (red and blue cables) together with the Hörmann cables. The Hörmann cables are used with a remote in order to use one remote control for the garage door (by Hörmann) in conjunction with the gates by NICE. Generally, the Hörmann transmitter also provides a switch function. Thus, I would probably try to use them as a binary input for the smart implant. The implant's output would be connected to NICE terminals 12/15. (as an alternative, I would put the Hörmann cables and the implant's cables into the same terminal.)

Would that setup work?

Another question:

Would there be a way for the implant to check if the gate is opened or closed?

Best regards,

Konstantin 

Edited by rasenkantenstein

4 answers to this question

Q1 - yes that should work, you will get in that way possibility to open with Hörmann and via zwave only

Q2 - another one implant and reed contacts is the way to go, there is no status output (only input for opto etc sensors)

btw, MCA2 board does have (hidden) IBT4N port, exact there (under the sticker)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_03/image.png.a29f904cc7f58431f38dd5d9897b71ad.png" />

One should be able to plug into it the NICE/Fibaro module (which does have z-wave), with step-by-step and status

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @tinman thank you very much for the input! It worked. Also I was able to add the implant as a switch into Home Assistant. I have created a button (switch) to trigger the STEP-BY-STEP button. It works OK I would say. It would be cool to have the status (gate is open/ is opening / is closed / is closing).  

Could I use the terminals 6/7 as an input for the implant in order to check if the door is opened or closed? Would I really need a second implant to achieve this function?

However, from the UI point-of-view I do have the following problem now:

Since Home Assistant doesn't know whether or not the gate is closed or open the button is just a button. Is there way to use the Smart Implant in a way to have 3 buttons? One button to open, one button to stop and one button to close the gate?