Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat controller daily calibration needed

BobH

I use the heat controller with external sensor. My heater is in a wooden frame so it would not work without the external sensor. My heat controller shows every day or latest every two days that it needs a calibration. I also hear the calibration noise several times a day. Sometimes the app shows the temperature at the heat controller (38°) instead of the sensors temperature (21°). The system works well if its calibrated. As the app shows no notification if the heat controller has to be calibrated I just feel it. Its too hot or too cold.

Any clue of the reason?

I use an Apple TV 4K as central unit, I have 5 Eve heat controllers and they work fine.

Edited by BobH

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • Case closed but not solved! I spent more than 100€ for buying and shipping it to Fibaro. It took me hours to report the faults.

I bought the heat controller December 2020, so its almost 6 month old. The first one was exchanged because the home kit integration did not work and the second one did never work more than two days. Fibaro "repaired" my heat controller but the malfunction is still the same. They closed the case "Nothing we can do". Wow! 

I sent it two times on my cost to Poland. After claiming it the third time the answer was that Fibaro cant do anything. They proposed to contact the dealer but the dealer sent me to Fibaro. Turnover is more important than customer satisfaction. Could be a strategy...

So my recommendation is not to buy the heat controller from Fibaro. In my case it never worked, as the support is also helpless. Spare your money.

• 2 months later...

Hi...I have the temp set at 225 with a 3 negligible nourish rate. It remained at 225 for 35 mins at that point raised to 245 for 20 mins. Presently I’m sitting at 240 with a add up to cook time at 85 mins. The barbecue is in a area where the encompassing temp is 80. It’s 90 exterior of its location. At this point I don’t know what else to do with this barbecue. I will keep observing it for another couple of hours on the off chance that it rises over 250 at that point I will got to switch to ancient steadfast. As I’m out side it appear as in case the fan is making this peculiar commotion that it was not making when I to begin with got it.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by AlexisMori

• 3 months later...

That sounds very similar to my experience! No service at all! 

I also have two eve Thermostats. Half the price but working well.