Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 Alarm Clock QA

michal85pl

Question

Hello,

Does anyone have and would like to share a QA that would work as an alarm clock (turn on a specific device or scene at a set time and day of the week,  from the interface and application)?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

It would be nice to have a QA for it. In the meantime I solved it with more manual approach with two LUA scenes, one for weekends and one for workdays. They set a Sleepstate variable and start playing the Sonos. Simple but works. A QA would be nice so I would not have to enter the web UI, but could change time on the phone app. I'm not a programmer and currently don't have much time to learn it more at the moment.

Hi, I created an alarm clock QA for my own. It has not yet been made suitable for the general public and made purely for my own needs. Some buttons are not working yet. Setting the time works and it has functions to control the following:

• It sends at 21:00 a push to let you know which time the alarm is set the day after.
  • Set a variable to 1 to let a motion sensor know the alarm went off and do some morning routine when walking downstairs.
    self:wakeupReady(1)
  • Turn on Hue ledstrip (or bulb) 20 minutes before alarm time with Hue fade in for sunrise emulation.
    function  QuickApp:controlLedstrip(id, state, transitiontime, bri, hue, sat)
  • Turn on the music on our Sonos at alarm time (via Node-RED module).
    function QuickApp:wakeupMusic(host, player, station, volume)

I have a Good Morning scene that runs when motion is detected in the upstairs hallway and the Night profile is active, this scene runs a routine when the wakeupReady variable is 1. I made this so that the morning routine does not start when our daughter is walking down the hall at night. A snipped from the LUA scene code:

Please login or register to see this code.

If you have questions, ask. As I said this is an exact copy of my QA created and custom made to my system and needs.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Joep
Added a LUA scene code snippet.
  • Like 2

This is another alternative.

It's a QA that let you define one or more alarms given time and day.

It also let you assign a customEvent to the alarm, and the event will be posted when the alarm triggers.

customEvents can be used as triggers in block scenes or Lua scenes and can thus start scenes that does something...

A. quickVar "Events" should be set to a ':' separated string with the events you want.

Ex. Events="Lunch:Dinner:Parking:WakeUp"

They will be created as customEvents with the prefix "alrm".

Ex. an event named "Lunch" will be a defined customEvent named "alrmLunch" that will appear in the block scene editor, but also useable from a Lua scene condition.

GUI looks like (and can be improved with emojis...)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/636955617_Screenshot2021-04-08at22_36_34.jpg.4356aadc05a23992fcd5ac5f8066fc6a.jpg" />

The Min and Hour buttons increase/decrease faster if a 3-5 seconds interval is between key presses (min with 10mins and hours with 5hours), otherwise they will increase/decrease with just 1. It's an experiment... 

It was hacked for internal use and could need some finish to be production grade...

The remove button is not implemented yet and is left as an exercise to the reader... :-) 

The code is not that long if someone wants to improve/hack on it...

Please login or register to see this code.

The ready QA is included also...

Edited by jgab
  • Like 1

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/636955617_Screenshot2021-04-08at22_36_34.jpg.4356aadc05a23992fcd5ac5f8066fc6a.jpg" />

2021y,

fscking 2021y and UI from 2000y with button controls. no input lines no check boxes....

it's just F***ibaro...company.

1 hour ago, hater said:

2021y,

fscking 2021y and UI from 2000y with button controls. no input lines no check boxes....

it's just F***ibaro...company.

I can add some emojis ?

:-)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michal85pl said:

Thank You very much @jgab @Joep for sharing Your great work. For my purpose i used @Joep QA, just removed some code and buttons:)

1-0 to @Joep then :-) 

On 4/12/2021 at 5:40 PM, michal85pl said:

Thank You very much @jgab @Joep for sharing Your great work. For my purpose i used @Joep QA, just removed some code and buttons:)

Cool you like it! 

On 4/12/2021 at 6:45 PM, jgab said:

1-0 to @Joep then :-) 

It’s not a game. ? 

What you do for the community is amazing. Keep that in mind. 

Wow Jgab, thanks, this is just what I was looking for. Did you already added the remove functionality?

On 4/8/2021 at 10:47 PM, jgab said: