Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to connect this 24V DC motor with a Fibaro module?

kevin

Question

Hi,

I am going to purchase a roller shutter tubular motor to automate the pool cover (bubble wrap for pools). For this I choose a 24V DC motor instead of a 230V because it's near the water. There is also a control box  that needs to be installed.

But which Fibaro module is best for me and how should it be connected (drawing)? The Fibaro Roller shutter (sadly) doesn't support 12/24V DC motors.

The only information I could find about this Becker L80-8G DC motor and control box(Becker GS2) are the pictures below.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/image.jpeg.8fefec77441758f0f907f4b18358b006.jpeg" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by kevin
Added information about the control box

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thank you Sjakie, I have read that Qubino uses a different way of calibration. It uses time (ms) to know when it's open or closed, but the time up and down could be different. Up goes "slower" because of gravity, down goes "faster" thanks to gravity. 

Still, how to connect it with using the control box? ?

The problem is the motor current intensity. I see on the picture that is 7A. The Qubino's overcurrent protection is 5A (48W-24V) max.

Edited by SmartLifeSystems

Fibaro Smart Module (double)?

2 channels, 24DC works :)

It supports 
    6A per channel, transformer in your motor is rated at 7A but for sure it does not work at full available power so 6A should be enough. 

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Fibaro Smart Module (double)?

2 channels, 24DC works :)

It supports 
    6A per channel, transformer in your motor is rated at 7A but for sure it does not work at full available power so 6A should be enough. 

That could work. But how to connect the wires?

Connect up the control box per the diagram you posted. Use the smart module's output relay contacts in place of the pushbuttons (ie connections at 1, 2 and C).  See diagram 2 in 

Please login or register to see this link.

.  I'm guessing that because your controller has a relay, that the full motor current doesn't pass through the switches (you can check that with a multimeter)

Also, I don't see a regulator in your controller. Hopefully the ripple current is low enough, and volatge high enough, not to affect operation of the Fibaro module (or any other device you power from there).

Don't forget to report back when you get it working!

• Like 1