Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

what is Yubii? what is Flintstone here?

hater

Question

hey Nice, hey Fibaro

what is Flintstone now we are have?

As announced, we would like to inform you about important changes to the Home Center app in the near future.
With the next update, on April 20, the app will become an integral part of the Yubii ecosystem, which will provide seamless integration of Yubii Nice devices.

so, Fibaro finally dead? 

yay!

congrats!

Edited by hater

15 answers to this question

I had the same thoughts. Fibaro dead?

Nice has all the hardware and ecosystem.

Think if Fibaro support will be dead without having support for zigbee and 433mhz and Bluetooth support, 

We need to Sue Nice for selling and killing a product which was false advertised.

Think we deserve an answer from fibaro and Nice, if all protocols will be enabled this year.

Otherwise, we are in our rights to demand our money back.

Think I will send back my hc3 While it's still under warranty. It's broken. Has no zigbee and Bluetooth.

I want a box that works as advertised. 

Edited by Semmosamo

I need time machine and turn back the time about 1 year when (sic!) decided to jump unfortunately into Fibaro ?

• Thanks 1

Is it really that bad news? I am planning to start a fresh new automation later this year and to be honest, Fibaro still seems to be the best option for me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mariokil said:

I need time machine and turn back the time about 1 year when (sic!) decided to jump unfortunately into Fibaro ?

I can provide you my address ?

9 hours ago, mi38k said:

Is it really that bad news? I am planning to start a fresh new automation later this year and to be honest, Fibaro still seems to be the best option for me.

Well, probably it was but now Nice seems to set the future and , to say the very least, that future is not very clear.

I decided not to wait until all promised features were fulfilled and changed to an other gateway.

It could be a change to the better, too. But honestly I don't know. Progression seems to go very slow. For me the biggest issues is that it was announced to have 433 Mhz support and ZigBee. Well, I thought 433 Mhz would support a lot of devices, like other 433 Mhz gateways do, but with Fibaro it is only Nice products... ZigBee? Nowhere in sight. It is in the firmware but as far as I know Fibaro haven't gone through a ZigBee certification yet. And they have had years to do that. The HC3 have been out for around a year, and before that, it was in development for probably a long while. They could have started to make certification right from the idea stage, at least plan the route for certification so they where prepared and got the certification at the HC3 release date. And if it ever is released, will it support all ZigBee devices, or a chosen few just like with 433 Mhz?

Sadly, many tech companies release unfinished products. I've got a Zipatile that have been in the cupboard for years. Still things are not working as promised with that one. I'm just unsure what to do, and If to switch brand - to what? I've got a RPi running Home Assistant, and that is very actively supported and updated. HomeSeer seems powerful and stable, but before one has everything up and running with all bells and whistles - it will cost a bit.

Homey? Interesting, but no Ethernet... Hubitat? Will read up more on it.

• Like 1

The problem is, there is no alternative at the market with Fibaro price level. Sad but true. You can blame this and that, but if You compare for eg. Loxone, You will quickly come back and say I'm sorry.

• Inquirer
  • 12 hours ago, Enriquez said:

The problem is, there is no alternative at the market with Fibaro price level. Sad but true. You can blame this and that, but if You compare for eg. Loxone, You will quickly come back and say I'm sorry.

witam. raspberry pi + zwave usb stick + zigbee usb stock cheaper than fibaro and more power cuz rpi4 more power than fibaro hc3.

just for you info

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hater said:

witam. raspberry pi + zwave usb stick + zigbee usb stock cheaper than fibaro and more power cuz rpi4 more power than fibaro hc3.

just for you info

You forget that the majority of users don't want a tinkered solution,

but a professional product like the HC3. Believe me, I started with

an RPi and FHEM in 2015, it worked, but nothing more and the WAF

did not exist.

I'm sorry but at the moment there is nothing better than Fibaro products when you compare the prices with KNX or loxone.

Just for your info 

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, I installed Home Assistant on my Synology. I am pleasantly surprised how many devices these software discovers on the network. Example: Sonos simply works better than the standard plug-in of Fibaro and without complicated configurations

1 minute ago, Sjekke said:

Out of curiosity, I installed Home Assistant on my Synology. I am pleasantly surprised how many devices these software discovers on the network. Example: Sonos simply works better than the standard plug-in of Fibaro and without complicated configurations

Yes, it is pretty amazing. HA have a lot of automatic integrations. Synology, Apple, Sonos and a ton more. You can also integrate with Fibaro and see the devices on your HC2/HC3. New builds coming out every or nearly every week if you join the beta channel. I got a ZWave USB stick as well as a ZigBee USB stick that works with HA. I'm dividing with myself if I shall take the plunge to HA - moving all devices to it. Right now I just have HA as a UI for Fibaro, Hue and cameras, just for testing it out.

I started months ago my journey with Fibaro. Due to some problem/challenge with zigbee I decided to use in parallel Home Assistant (HA) on RPI4 (so far just for fun) + CC2531 USB stick (zigbee2mqtt) + NodeRed.

All my current requirements I can address in  HA:

- zigbee devices/sensors (AQARA, TUYA, Blitzwolf, IKEA....) integration with Fibaro (zwave) -> action triggered,

- Mitshubishi AC MELCloud integration is working (without additional ZXT-600 IR blaster),

- presence detection,

- integration with other web services (ie. API integrations warning for storm, frost, warm in radius xx km from my home)

Please login or register to see this link.

I spent so far 4 days (2-3 hrs each) to learn/install and understand how it works etc. on very basic level

Pros:

Much bigger community than Fibaro with tons of solutions/blueprints,

tons of integration,

new releases,

NFC tag integration in very easy way,

it looks that zigbee devices/sensors are much chipper than z-wave,

Cons:

Time required to learn solution(s),

maintenance and deployment,

zigbee limitations (number devices possible to attach to one hub); signal range lower than z-wave

Edited by mariokil
    • Thanks 3