Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

YUBII - what is going on?

Guest kallecux

Question

Guest kallecux

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/image.png.1a935bd620c31cbf01724bfbd04e489c.png" />

Rebranding has started. I hope that Nice will focus on R&D software/hardware not only on marketing

Please login or register to see this link.

Guest kallecux
  • Inquirer
  • Was there just a new case or a different interior as well?

Looks like only new logo on the case. New thing is support for Elero (also Nice group) from Q4 2021

comparison of the gateways:

Home Center 3 - Home Center 3 Lite - Yubii Home

the Yubii seems to be a rebranded HC3 lite, according to the specs :(

Edited by kroeatschge

8 hours ago, MacinZ said:

Rebranding has started. I hope that Nice will focus on R&D software/hardware not only on marketing

actually this is WHY they decided to buy Abode and Fibaro - to get much better R&D as they had before. Not that NICE had bad products, they simply (as e.g. Somfy) producing in few different directions, making things always bit more complex to get working together. As someone from Somfy told me, hard to get all the R&D ppl on same path (as answer to my quesition why product A doen't work with B, and why they have only API for B and D and not A and C ...)

I would not call that rebranding, the Yubii is HC3L, with (lot of) additional 868/433 hardware inside, to support NICE and ELERO (by end of 2021) protocols.

• Like 1

and there is a chance that zigbee and wifi and other equipment will start working, is it better to re-create the system on HC?

The new name and the new icon is not really my thing - the app is still as little translated as the Fibaro app - you can see that a new name and new icon do not fix the real errors

Next hc3 and hcl3 update will also be the icon update??? ? 

Next step, Nice People are coming to your home to place a NICE Yubii sticker on your homecenter.

Edited by Semmosamo

What I gathered, then Fibaro should still be around, but Yubii HC (HCL with 868/433 Mhz radio) should be unifier of NICE non-Z-Wave devices to get them under one roof.

Regarding other non-NICE radio devices on 868 and 433, I think they will not be integrated anytime soon as they use different communication protocol.

OT: I hope ZIgBee comes this year as ZigBee Lighting and Ocupancy integration. Other part of ZigBee protocol is mess.

• Like 1

Hello

Fibaro stays Fibaro.
    HC3 will remain the most powerfull hub under the Fibaro brand
    HC3L - will remain a low-cost hub under the Fibaro brand
    Yubii - it is a hub based on HC3L, additionally equipped with a 433MHz and 868MHz radio for the Nice group products

What you know now as Fibaro will be called the Fibaro System.

Yubii is an Ecosystem that supports a wide range of systems from different companies of the Nice Group (Nice system, Fibaro System etc)

The gateway that will work with the Yubii ecosystem are :
    - Yubii Home
    - HC3

What this means for you is that if you were deciding between a Nice product and a Fibaro product, you had to control the Fibaro device using the Fibaro application, and the Nice device using the Nice hub and the Nice application. You got one login for Fibaro and one for Nice etc.

Yubii is our idea to change that.

One app for all ecosystems, one login to all ecosystems, one hub to all ecosystems

Right now it is Nice, You saw info about Elero.

Now that you have the Fibaro System and HC3, you can expand your house with Nice devices, such as gates, roller shutters, garage door drives.
    When Elero is added, Elero products such as blinds, shutters, awnings, gates

5 hours ago, A.Socha said:

When Elero is added, Elero products such as blinds, shutters, awnings, gates

Hi @A.Socha, a bit OT. Would it be possible to add Abode keypad (link below) to pipeline? Z-Wave keypads, in EU market, are not great. Some keypads triggers as scene ID (Popp keypad) and Zipato is ugly and not every installer is able to get them to working state and Abode is part of NICE. Also, I'm talking about keypad use-cases, where we want to know which user armed/disarmed, so I know about basic sollution with wired keypad and Smart implant.

Link to abode: 

I do not want to say now which products will be supported, but the goal is to use products from other companies from the Nice Group.

2 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @A.Socha, a bit OT. Would it be possible to add Abode keypad (link below) to pipeline? Z-Wave keypads, in EU market, are not great.

i do "fight" for these two,

• Like 3

On 4/21/2021 at 5:30 PM, A.Socha said:

I do not want to say now which products will be supported, but the goal is to use products from other companies from the Nice Group.

TO USE OTHER PRODUCTS FROM THE NICE GROUP

You need to read this twice to understand what it means.

Mr. Socha "doesn't want to say" which products will be supported but then says it anyway : "products from other companies of the NIce group".

So, unless Nice buys Aeotec, Phillips, INNr, Ikea, etc...you will see the number of supported devices go down very soon.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, wienog said:

TO USE OTHER PRODUCTS FROM THE NICE GROUP

You need to read this twice to understand what it means.

Mr. Socha "doesn't want to say" which products will be supported but then says it anyway : "products from other companies of the NIce group".

So, unless Nice buys Aeotec, Phillips, INNr, Ikea, etc...you will see the number of supported devices go down very soon.

Yes, my guess, too. If they ever will add the promised ZigBee, my guess it will only be a few chosen devices from the Nice group. While the HC3 works, it have been a disappointment as the 433Mhz did only support the few devices from Nice. The promised ZigBee support is not there yet. So, all in all, not good support, and only support for a chosen few devices. I need a gateway that can support a variety of devices - I don't want to have 2 different gateways handling different devices. If not Fibaro changes to the better, the HC3 was the last gateway I bought from Fibaro.

Edited by robw
    • Like 1

Newest episode in the Fibaro-soap: On Amazon.nl it is sold for 120 € less (474 €) than before and no mention of 433 Mhz, Zigbee, Bluetooth or whatever. It is sold as a 'Z-wave-controller'.

Can't wait to see the next episode.

On the same Amazonpage they mention 51 5-star reviews and a total score of 3,7/5.

When you look up the reviews you find just two (2) 5-star reviews with one line of text. 

Multiple one-star reviews , one of them very interesting: a German user who got so frustrated that he opened the box to find out that ...it was nearly empty. The motherboard is not bigger than a raspberry.

This is really beginning to look as a bad joke.

23 hours ago, wienog said:

a German user who got so frustrated that he opened the box to find out that ...it was nearly empty. The motherboard is not bigger than a raspberry.

Lol, as if the size of the "motherboard" (I used that word in the 1980s) says anthing about a product these days.

1 hour ago, jayrock said:

Lol, as if the size of the "motherboard" (I used that word in the 1980s) says anthing about a product these days.

yeah, for some ppl the size matters, it does have "genetic" background or they simply forgot that even the DDR3 memory on that board milions of these

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_05/image.png.e31619f293cb582235f97490dda68cad.png" />

Tbh, i think its the other way around.

Why did Fibaro choose a large casing while the electronic is much smaller?

And there you have your answer "Because for a lot of people a larger box has a more premium look than a Raspberry PI.

Its the same as a heavy weight or light weight box. People tend to associate weight with quality.

• Like 1