Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

YUBII - what is going on?

Guest kallecux

Question

Guest kallecux

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/image.png.1a935bd620c31cbf01724bfbd04e489c.png" />

8 hours ago, Remi said:

Tbh, i think its the other way around.

Why did Fibaro choose a large casing while the electronic is much smaller?

And there you have your answer "Because for a lot of people a larger box has a more premium look than a Raspberry PI.

Its the same as a heavy weight or light weight box. People tend to associate weight with quality.

Exactly.

And that is part of the marketing scam Fibaro lured us with. 

My whole system is on Hubitat C7 now and the box is about 1/5th the size of HC3, it is even less than 1/5 of the price of the HC3.
And, guess what, it has Z-wave and Zigbee and built-in support for 60 % of all z-wave and Zigbee devices while the superb community gives you the drivers for the remaining 40 % of devices for free. ALL of my devices are controlled by Hubitat directly, no use of in-between- hardware or -code.

Built-in graphing module where you can graph anything in any kind of graph. Built in 'Rule Machine' that allows you to program anything with simple choices in drop-downlists, even applications I needed 10 pages of LUA for in the HC3.

Fibaro is a paper tiger: 90 % of marketing and 10 % of half-working hard- and software that can only entertain programmers who try to make it do the things it promised it would do out of the box.
My advice: pick up one of your raspberries in your drawer and start coding. You will have your better HC3 equivalent for much less money.

Or buy a real domotics-box that works, every time again, no matter what brand, as long as they don't scam you, take your money and then start erasing the promised features-list on their websites.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2021 at 6:35 PM, jayrock said:

Lol, as if the size of the "motherboard" (I used that word in the 1980s) says anthing about a product these days.

I wasn't born yet in the 1980's but be my guest and call it main board or mother board or whatever you want. Doesn't change a thing. 

On 5/2/2021 at 8:04 AM, Piotr Bojko said:

Has anybody confirmed that the chip in hc3/3lite/yubi is not a stock raspberry or some cheaper clone? :D

I have a HC3 and it's the same CPU as a RPi3, it quite clearly states it on the specs. That chip is also used in Rokus, Fire HD tables, Echo Shows and countless phones, that's not a bad thing. The HC3 is more than capable of supporting far more devices than are supported by the protocol. If you don't configure your devices properly you are liable to completely flood the system with unnecessary data, of course, but that's a different issue.

The constant bugs, lack of support for third party devices, slow development cycles and absolutely p!55 poor documentation, however, now they're things to moan about!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, tinman said:

i do "fight" for these two,

Please login or register to see this link.

I just found a topic were users integrated the ring keypad with Homey because they also support S2 now. Anyone who already tried it? :) 

Edited by pnutp0wer

Hi.
Guys, can you give me a hand?
I have 11 shutters controlled with 11 Nice TT2N + remote control from '32.
I looked around and found the Yubii Home YH-001 gateway which apparently supports my Nice TT2N at 433MHz.
I read here, I read the and I understood that Nice has acquired Fibaro (which forgive me but I did not know as I am sick only of Xiaomi... ;) ), for which I had guessed (wrongly I know) that the Yubii Home gateway had been made before and then the Fibaro Home Center and Home Center Lite gateways...
Having said that, I am thinking of buying a Yubii Home YH-001 gateway so that with about 130-140 € I can control my Nice TT2N at 433MHz a little better than the lousy remote control (I just tell you that I have returned a Nice Core which is a kind of hook that works with very sad Android App Nice since I understood after that it has, in fact, been supplanted by the various gateways mentioned)...
At the same time, I would like to understand if it makes sense to spend some money on a Yubii Home gateway or maybe throw (or resell) all the Nice TT2Ns and take 11 Shelly 2.5 and maybe fiddle with a Home Assistant (maybe installing it on my Synology NAS...).
Who can give me advice?
Thanks... ;)

Edited by undertherain

Almost a year later, since i bought the homecenter 3.

Since then, no Zigbee or Metal, no bluetooth or general 433 mhz device support.

Do you know what's been sold a biljon times all over the globe ?
Zigbee, bluetooth, 433 mhz devices. Wait a minute, wasn't this the big game changer ?
Wasn't that why i bought the homecenter 3 ?

So when will all of these game changing features be implemented ?
When Homecenter 4  will be introduced in about 5 years ?
What support will be promised by then ?
Support for zero gravity devices ?
Support for Teleportation devices ?

UAP support ?

I bet 2 things won't be implemented with homecenter 4 : Zigbee / Metal and bluetooth !!!

Just my 2 cents or was it 599 euro / dollar ?

Edited by Semmosamo
  • Like 1

I have Fibaro 2. Would upgrade if zigbee support is there. But I see it's not there and probably will not ever be. This is really sad. What is going on with you???

On 10/21/2021 at 2:53 PM, Semmosamo said:

Almost a year later, since i bought the homecenter 3.

Since then, no Zigbee or Metal, no bluetooth or general 433 mhz device support.

Do you know what's been sold a biljon times all over the globe ?
Zigbee, bluetooth, 433 mhz devices. Wait a minute, wasn't this the big game changer ?
Wasn't that why i bought the homecenter 3 ?

So when will all of these game changing features be implemented ?
When Homecenter 4  will be introduced in about 5 years ?
What support will be promised by then ?
Support for zero gravity devices ?
Support for Teleportation devices ?

UAP support ?

I bet 2 things won't be implemented with homecenter 4 : Zigbee / Metal and bluetooth !!!

Just my 2 cents or was it 599 euro / dollar ?

Forget Fibaro, buy anything but not Fibaro. You can not trust the company and that simply means it's a company to avoid. There are multiple alternatives and each and every one of them is better than Fibaro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/21/2021 at 9:41 AM, undertherain said:

aving said that, I am thinking of buying a Yubii Home YH-001 gateway so that with about 130-140 € I can control my Nice TT2N at 433MHz a little better than the lousy remote control (I just tell you that I have returned a Nice Core which is a kind of hook that works with very sad Android App Nice since I understood after that it has, in fact, been supplanted by the various gateways mentioned)...

Hi, do you have some feedback to share ?

I'm in the exact same situation. I was at first looking at the core but believe it would be limited. only 6 groups and doesn't seem to be reachable from other system (HTTP API REST/MQTT/HASS), it seems also to have dependency on the cloud.

the YH-001 seems to override this limitations. but lack of understanding from me of the yubii line vs HC3 make me doubt.

So I would be very gratefully if you had bought the YH-001 that you share with us if it fits your need and tell us a little more how do you use it day by day.

From what I understand HC3 and YH-001 share the same firmware baseline is it correct ?

On 11/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, ka2er said:

Hi, do you have some feedback to share ?

I'm in the exact same situation. I was at first looking at the core but believe it would be limited. only 6 groups and doesn't seem to be reachable from other system (HTTP API REST/MQTT/HASS), it seems also to have dependency on the cloud.

the YH-001 seems to override this limitations. but lack of understanding from me of the yubii line vs HC3 make me doubt.

So I would be very gratefully if you had bought the YH-001 that you share with us if it fits your need and tell us a little more how do you use it day by day.

From what I understand HC3 and YH-001 share the same firmware baseline is it correct ?

Sorry for the late reply but I didn't have email notifications enabled!
I can tell you that in the end I had 11 shutters with 11 Nice TT2N with remote control and I wanted to change everything by taking devices from another ZigBee brand using them with Home Assistant as everyone does since there are much more info and discussion groups.
It seems to me that four cats have / use Fibaro (or if they all have it installed by an installer).
Anyway back to your question ... it works fine, I connected the 11 Nice TT2Ns to my Yubii Home gateway, I created block scene to open and block scene to close all the shutters together (even if I had to space each shutter by 2 seconds or the various radio signals made a mess and something did not rise or fall every time, but that's okay, I think it's a limit of the radio signal, that's why now everything is done with Zigbee).
The problem is that it doesn't work well with Google Home, but I haven't found A CHRISTIAN who knows how to answer me and neither does anyone here on the Fibaro forum.
1) When I connect Fibaro accounts in Google Home, in my opinion, the pairing does not end "well" as it should, since not all the devices detected (the 11 shutters) are proposed, but simply returns to the account list of the various brands and it seems that Fibaro is not connected. But returning to the Google home ... home (;)), however, the rooms and the various shutters that I created from the Yubii Home interface are there and work both individually and per room, so it seems ok.
2) The 3 scenes I created that basically open all the shutters, close and stop them (I had to create them because, being 11 devices at 433 MHz, it was necessary to distance each shutter by 2 seconds, otherwise with interference there is it was always something that didn't work randomly, but that's okay, in 20 sec. they all start) they work if I'm the one to start them via Google assistant, but nothing to do if my her does it with her voice. I wonder ... his user from the Yubii Android app uses them quietly (the Widgets are comfortable I must say), so the grants are there, so why is he unable to use them from GH, perhaps because it was the admin who hooked them to the home? Either it's a bug, or you tell me if it just happens to me.
3) I did a test that left me perplexed: I tried to connect Fibaro account to GH with my hers user account ... error. Then from the web interface of the Yubii gateway I made her admin (Settings - Access - TRANSFER OF THE ADMINISTRATOR ROLE), always error. With my user (which I renamed to my liking) but which is the one that started admin from the beginning, the default one to be clear, everything ok. Well...
In summary... to work it works, only the user user cannot recall the scenes from GH, as if there was some grant problem, mah...
I hope there is a pious soul who uses Fibaro integrated with Google Home and two different Google users and tell me if it works.

Edited by undertherain

Also a late reply

I bought a 130€ YUBII because I had 500€ worth of NICE TT2N shutter controllers, with a very lousy remote control, and a series of Becker standalone shutter controllers. 

Added to that 6 Neocoolcam Zwave roller shutter controllers (with touch panel control) at 30€/pc, to replace the Becker TC42. I do have spurious problems with the Neocoolcam, but nothing very bad. 

Connected  to that my Philips Hue gateway2 (zigbee) which controls a mixture of Ikea, LEDvance, Lidl plugs and lights. Using the Hue plugin, everything except the LEDVANCE plugs works all the time. (Solution buy IKEA Tradfri plugs)

Added a 8-button Z-wave scene controller in order to avoid a divorce.

Added a Zwave thermostat for testing,  works OK 

So far , the YUBII is a good solution if you have NICE 433Mhz . But then I ran into the limits in QA and scenes, so :

Using AOQ to get around the 20 scenes limit because no way will the scene controller talk directrly to the HUE gateway devices. 

Now buying a set of Shelly I4 and 2.5 to replace my old 433 mhz Chacon DIO . (I had hoped to use the 433 Mhz channel but not working)

Planned :

- using RGBW controllers to control 4 outputs separately, 12V or 220VAC (needs some additional electronic hardware, otherwise easy)

- figuring out if my Tuya zigbee gateway can be made to work in stead of the Philips Hue. As both can be controlled by android apps and wifi, why not ? 

- figuring out if the 433 Mhz transmitter might accept the DIO protocol . 

So it's a mess. But I'm a retired electronic engineer. I buy cheap components and have fun while making them work together. I'm advancing into modifying QA software . 

Conclusion : This is NOT Plug and Play. You want P&P, the same setup (15 motors, 2 pumps, 20 lights) in all Z-wave will require a 500 € HC3 and 1500 € modules. 

5 hours ago, MarcF1 said:

Also a late reply

I bought a 130€ YUBII because I had 500€ worth of NICE TT2N shutter controllers, with a very lousy remote control, and a series of Becker standalone shutter controllers. 

Added to that 6 Neocoolcam Zwave roller shutter controllers (with touch panel control) at 30€/pc, to replace the Becker TC42. I do have spurious problems with the Neocoolcam, but nothing very bad. 

Connected  to that my Philips Hue gateway2 (zigbee) which controls a mixture of Ikea, LEDvance, Lidl plugs and lights. Using the Hue plugin, everything except the LEDVANCE plugs works all the time. (Solution buy IKEA Tradfri plugs)

Added a 8-button Z-wave scene controller in order to avoid a divorce.

Added a Zwave thermostat for testing,  works OK 

So far , the YUBII is a good solution if you have NICE 433Mhz . But then I ran into the limits in QA and scenes, so :

Using AOQ to get around the 20 scenes limit because no way will the scene controller talk directrly to the HUE gateway devices. 

Now buying a set of Shelly I4 and 2.5 to replace my old 433 mhz Chacon DIO . (I had hoped to use the 433 Mhz channel but not working)

Planned :

- using RGBW controllers to control 4 outputs separately, 12V or 220VAC (needs some additional electronic hardware, otherwise easy)

- figuring out if my Tuya zigbee gateway can be made to work in stead of the Philips Hue. As both can be controlled by android apps and wifi, why not ? 

- figuring out if the 433 Mhz transmitter might accept the DIO protocol . 

So it's a mess. But I'm a retired electronic engineer. I buy cheap components and have fun while making them work together. I'm advancing into modifying QA software . 

Conclusion : This is NOT Plug and Play. You want P&P, the same setup (15 motors, 2 pumps, 20 lights) in all Z-wave will require a 500 € HC3 and 1500 € modules. 

Here I am friend, I finally found another in the world that uses the Yubii with Nice 433 MHz... ;)
I have 11 shutters and I had a stinking 80-channel remote control of which I had already soldered contact because the button battery seat was detached, I was about to take a "new" type of Nice remote control with display that I had seen but then I spent less with the Yubii.
Beyond that I had problems with early software versions (I do not tell you the curses in ancient Aramaic because every time I had to reset everything...), now I have been using it for a few months and I am fine.
I only created 2 scenes (open all and close all) and that's okay, in the end I open and close everything with Google Home having connected it to us (think that before I had also taken Nice crap which was a kind of remote that connected to Google Home, I had tried all of them).
I just finished mounting a Shelly 1 PLUS today so I also fixed the box, again with Google Home.
What disappointed me is a problem that the Yubii has: connected to Google Home with MY account, my partner who is still part of the same house (obviously) cannot start the Yubii scenes from Google Home (with the Android Fibaro app yes , in fact it uses 2 widgets and it solved it as well), does this problem happen to you too?
I am a developer and while working I don't want to go crazy, otherwise I would have gone through everything under the only, real, current home automation: Home Assistant.

I don't have Google Home, bought the yubii for 2 reasons :

1. to keep using the nice TT2N

2. to have everything local, no cloud or internet connection needed

I just got 2 shelly 2.5 modules, they work with the shelly 2.5 roller and with the shelly switch v001 QA I found on the forum, sadly not with the multipurpose / children QA from jgab. 

Now i'm trying to figure out why not, starting with figuring out how a QA works. 

The LUA documentation online is a mess. (not only Fibaro) (i'm used to C++ and Arduino docs)

I also bought a shelly I4 (has 4 220VAC inputs and a hub-like processor), but I guess i'll have to develop the fibaro QA myself.  

7 minutes ago, MarcF1 said:

I don't have Google Home, bought the yubii for 2 reasons :

1. to keep using the nice TT2N

2. to have everything local, no cloud or internet connection needed

I just got 2 shelly 2.5 modules, they work with the shelly 2.5 roller and with the shelly switch v001 QA I found on the forum, sadly not with the multipurpose / children QA from jgab. 

Now i'm trying to figure out why not, starting with figuring out how a QA works. 

The LUA documentation online is a mess. (not only Fibaro) (i'm used to C++ and Arduino docs)

I also bought a shelly I4 (has 4 220VAC inputs and a hub-like processor), but I guess i'll have to develop the fibaro QA myself.  

You really have all my respect because you see what you know.
I can tell you that I am a developer but that I cannot spend time behind configurations and have various problems with each update (such as with Home Assistant), so I manage almost all the home automation related to cams and sensors with Xiami Mi Home, the 11 shutters with 11 Nice TT2N for several years (and they are fine because unlike other no-brand sensors the quality is really superior and the dimensions are so small that they are the only ones that fit inside my crowded 503 (Italian boxes).
I agree with your speech to have everything locally, but for some years I have FTTH so that's okay, I've never had the Xiaomi cloud down, believe me (it's easier for the cloud of a noble alarm system to go down, obviously Xiaomi do not use it as an alarm, God forbid).
Just a few days ago I connected a Shelly 1 PLUS to the motor of my garage door and ... now it works with Google Home and I'm happy since the remote control took very little.
However, very few of us use Fibaro and with Yubii and Nice ... I only know you and me in the whole world... ;)
However if you do something interesting let me know because I am very interested and happy with your real experience, not like many who say they are and then...