Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wrong location, and no cameras

jwi

Since 1.12 the location is no longer correct. Neither in the HC2 nor in the HC3.

Everything is OK in the browser.

In the old Fibaro for iPhone I see all my 6 Cameras, 4 of them ar Mobotix, 1 Axis, 1 Dlink. See screenshots and compare.

In the new Yubii app i see only the cheap Dlink.

So for me this app is more or less useless.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

18 hours ago, jwi said:

Since 1.12 the location is no longer correct. Neither in the HC2 nor in the HC3.

How can you tell that the location in not correct? We would like to reproduce the issue. Note that location in the app is taken from your GPS feature, make sure that it is turned on.

18 hours ago, jwi said:

In the old Fibaro for iPhone I see all my 6 Cameras, 4 of them ar Mobotix, 1 Axis, 1 Dlink. See screenshots and compare.

In the new Yubii app i see only the cheap Dlink.

I forwarded that to the iOS team :)

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

How can you tell that the location in not correct? We would like to reproduce the issue. Note that location in the app is taken from your GPS feature, make sure that it is turned on.

Dear @T.Konopka, thank you for the feedback. 

As for GPS, it is turned on on all devices, iPhone, iPad and Android tablet. They all show me the same wrong place.

See map.

Edited by jwi
    wrong map deleted

23 hours ago, jwi said:

Dear @T.Konopka, thank you for the feedback. 

As for GPS, it is turned on on all devices, iPhone, iPad and Android tablet. They all show me the same wrong place.

See map.

GPS in mobile can detect your locating by two different methods.

1) via satellite (hardcode :)  for mobile batt)

2) via Mobile data (cellular repeaters)

so, i f your mobile use only cellular data and nearby repeater 18 min from you - here is all ok ? as for me.

Edited by hater

and please don't forget, when you use GPS via satellite, you might get wrong data as well, if the emperor is flying drones to spread out democracy in galaxy

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, hater said:

so, i f your mobile use only cellular data and nearby repeater 18 min from you - here is all ok ? as for me.

As so often, I cannot follow your explanations. And whatever you want to tell me,

I think it's a bug in the app. Because: all devices correctly display my street and

house number. But this street does not exist in the indicated place.

For me it never worked properly

Two scenes one for goig away and one comming home.

If push action it is notice me I am home or away.

If I go away or comming home >>>>nothing

remark my mobile mast is on 150 m

In settings I have 150 m too

//Sjakie

On 4/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, jwi said:

Is there a chance that DLink uses JPG stream and other use only MJPG?

On 4/22/2021 at 1:43 PM, jwi said:

Is it your location, meaning your phone's location? Or is it your gateway's location?

Note that the app does not report your current location as you travel.

3 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

So geo-fencing cannot work at all? ?‍♂️

@Rover , geofencing works - meaning that the app reports the location to the gateway. But you will not see the location of your phone in the app (your current location or location of a user) - this is not a feature.

• Topic Author
  • 20 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

Is there a chance that DLink uses JPG stream and other use only MJPG?

Is it your location, meaning your phone's location? Or is it your gateway's location?

The DLink Camera works with JPEG and MJPEG. I then examined it more closely and

found that the problem is special characters in the password, e.g. "/ ()" etc.

In the browser preview there was no problem, but there you could see that in the url

instead of "/", a "%2F" was used. After creating a user with simple passwords in the

camera, I see the cameras in the app. So this point would be solved somehow.

I never just use simple passwords.

Regarding the location, all devices, iPhones, iPads, Androids are in the same house as

the gateway. As already mentioned in the gateway everything is correct, only in the

devices is the wrong place but the correct street and number. However, this street does

not exist in the location shown.

27 minutes ago, jwi said:

After creating a user with simple passwords in the

camera, I see the cameras in the app. So this point would be solved somehow.

I never just use simple passwords.

So, this is some sort of workaround, but still the password should not affect the preview. I'll pass that onto the QA Team.

28 minutes ago, jwi said:

devices is the wrong place but the correct street and number.

Where exactly in the app can you see that? Because, if you say that the device reports the wrong location then it has nothing to do with the app itself as it simply takes the location from the GPS feature on tha device.

I want to check how can you see that the Yubii App on the device reported the wrong location :)

1 hour ago, T.Konopka said:

Where exactly in the app can you see that?

+1

lol.

maybe he walking with HC3 in hand?

Edited by hater

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

Where exactly in the app can you see that?

5 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

Where exactly in the app can you see that? Because, if you say that the device reports the wrong location then it has nothing to do with the app itself as it simply takes the location from the GPS feature on tha device.

I want to check how can you see that the Yubii App on the device reported the wrong location

In ... More -> Settings, see screenshot

I made the correct street address invisible, not everyone has to know where my office is.

You're wrong again, I tied the HC3 to a drone that follows me.

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

So, this is some sort of workaround, but still the password should not affect the preview. I'll pass that onto the QA Team.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear enough. But I wrote that there are no problems in the browser preview. 

But with this url like in the screenshot I don't see any cameras in the app. If I remove the "/"  (transleted to %2F) from the password, everything is OK in the app.

Edited by jwi