Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


Wrong location, and no cameras


jwi
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since 1.12 the location is no longer correct. Neither in the HC2 nor in the HC3.

Everything is OK in the browser.

In the old Fibaro for iPhone I see all my 6 Cameras, 4 of them ar Mobotix, 1 Axis, 1 Dlink. See screenshots and compare.

In the new Yubii app i see only the cheap Dlink.

So for me this app is more or less useless.

 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jwi said:

Since 1.12 the location is no longer correct. Neither in the HC2 nor in the HC3.

 

How can you tell that the location in not correct? We would like to reproduce the issue. Note that location in the app is taken from your GPS feature, make sure that it is turned on.

 

18 hours ago, jwi said:

In the old Fibaro for iPhone I see all my 6 Cameras, 4 of them ar Mobotix, 1 Axis, 1 Dlink. See screenshots and compare.

In the new Yubii app i see only the cheap Dlink.

I forwarded that to the iOS team :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • Posted (edited)
    6 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

    How can you tell that the location in not correct? We would like to reproduce the issue. Note that location in the app is taken from your GPS feature, make sure that it is turned on.

    Dear @T.Konopka, thank you for the feedback. 

    As for GPS, it is turned on on all devices, iPhone, iPad and Android tablet. They all show me the same wrong place.

    See map.

     

    Please login or register to see this spoiler.

     

     

    Edited by jwi
    wrong map deleted
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    23 hours ago, jwi said:

    Dear @T.Konopka, thank you for the feedback. 

    As for GPS, it is turned on on all devices, iPhone, iPad and Android tablet. They all show me the same wrong place.

    See map.

     

    Please login or register to see this spoiler.

    GPS in mobile can detect your locating by two different methods.

    1) via satellite (hardcode :)  for mobile batt)

    2) via Mobile data (cellular repeaters)

     

    so, i f your mobile use only cellular data and nearby repeater 18 min from you - here is all ok ? as for me.

    Edited by hater
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    and please don't forget, when you use GPS via satellite, you might get wrong data as well, if the emperor is flying drones to spread out democracy in galaxy

    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, hater said:

    so, i f your mobile use only cellular data and nearby repeater 18 min from you - here is all ok ? as for me.

     

    As so often, I cannot follow your explanations. And whatever you want to tell me,

    I think it's a bug in the app. Because: all devices correctly display my street and

    house number. But this street does not exist in the indicated place.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    For me it never worked properly

    Two scenes one for goig away and one comming home.

    If push action it is notice me I am home or away.

    If I go away or comming home >>>>nothing

    remark my mobile mast is on 150 m

    In settings I have 150 m too

    //Sjakie

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 4/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, jwi said:

    In the old Fibaro for iPhone I see all my 6 Cameras, 4 of them ar Mobotix, 1 Axis, 1 Dlink. See screenshots and compare.

     

    Is there a chance that DLink uses JPG stream and other use only MJPG?

     

    On 4/22/2021 at 1:43 PM, jwi said:

    As for GPS, it is turned on on all devices, iPhone, iPad and Android tablet. They all show me the same wrong place.

     

    Is it your location, meaning your phone's location? Or is it your gateway's location?

    Note that the app does not report your current location as you travel.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

    Note that the app does not report your current location as you travel.

    So geo-fencing cannot work at all? ?‍♂️

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    @Rover , geofencing works - meaning that the app reports the location to the gateway. But you will not see the location of your phone in the app (your current location or location of a user) - this is not a feature.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 20 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

    Is there a chance that DLink uses JPG stream and other use only MJPG?

     

    Is it your location, meaning your phone's location? Or is it your gateway's location?

    Note that the app does not report your current location as you travel.

     

    The DLink Camera works with JPEG and MJPEG. I then examined it more closely and

    found that the problem is special characters in the password, e.g. "/ ()" etc.

    In the browser preview there was no problem, but there you could see that in the url

    instead of "/", a "%2F" was used. After creating a user with simple passwords in the

    camera, I see the cameras in the app. So this point would be solved somehow.

    I never just use simple passwords.

     

    Regarding the location, all devices, iPhones, iPads, Androids are in the same house as

    the gateway. As already mentioned in the gateway everything is correct, only in the

    devices is the wrong place but the correct street and number. However, this street does

    not exist in the location shown.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    27 minutes ago, jwi said:

    After creating a user with simple passwords in the

    camera, I see the cameras in the app. So this point would be solved somehow.

    I never just use simple passwords.

    So, this is some sort of workaround, but still the password should not affect the preview. I'll pass that onto the QA Team.

     

    28 minutes ago, jwi said:

    devices is the wrong place but the correct street and number.

    Where exactly in the app can you see that? Because, if you say that the device reports the wrong location then it has nothing to do with the app itself as it simply takes the location from the GPS feature on tha device.

    I want to check how can you see that the Yubii App on the device reported the wrong location :)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, T.Konopka said:

    Where exactly in the app can you see that?

    +1

    lol.

    maybe he walking with HC3 in hand?

    Edited by hater
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

    Where exactly in the app can you see that?

     

    5 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

    Where exactly in the app can you see that? Because, if you say that the device reports the wrong location then it has nothing to do with the app itself as it simply takes the location from the GPS feature on tha device.

    I want to check how can you see that the Yubii App on the device reported the wrong location

    In ... More -> Settings, see screenshot

    I made the correct street address invisible, not everyone has to know where my office is.

     

    Please login or register to see this spoiler.

    You're wrong again, I tied the HC3 to a drone that follows me.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • Posted (edited)
    7 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

    So, this is some sort of workaround, but still the password should not affect the preview. I'll pass that onto the QA Team.

     

    Maybe I haven't made myself clear enough. But I wrote that there are no problems in the browser preview. 

    But with this url like in the screenshot I don't see any cameras in the app. If I remove the "/"  (transleted to %2F) from the password, everything is OK in the app.

     

    Please login or register to see this spoiler.

     

    Edited by jwi
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...