Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

NICE garage doors with Fibaro - selection help

Tomislav Barbarić

Question

Hello,

I'm looking for NICE motor for my garage doors. I need 2 motor, that I will connect to my Fibaro system. I have HC2, but an upgrade to HC3 is also possible.

At first I thought to buy SPIN23KCE with IBT4ZWAVE modules, but I'm looking for other options too.

It is important to me that in the Fibaro system: I can activate the opening and closing separately and that I have the status of the door position

Can I connect SPIN23KCE motor directly to HC3? Can I have separate opening and closing functions? Can I have status of door position on HC3?

New Yubii controller can't be slave on HC2 ?

11 answers to this question

Hello

Spin 21 or Spin 23 with  OXI BiDi will work directly with HC3/Yubii

BiDi means bidirectional so you will have status of door (open, close)

Yes you will have that same action what you got on remote. Adding HC3 is that same like adding remote to gate or you can copy configuration gate from remote to HC3

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/obraz.png.40c639d0bdf94f9acd49dd084a9daa6a.png">

• Inquirer
  • On 4/27/2021 at 9:50 AM, A.Socha said:

Hello

Spin 21 or Spin 23 with  OXI BiDi will work directly with HC3/Yubii

BiDi means bidirectional so you will have status of door (open, close)

Yes you will have that same action what you got on remote. Adding HC3 is that same like adding remote to gate or you can copy configuration gate from remote to HC3

Today I installed SPIN23KCE motors, with OXIBD andON3EBD. I tried to add a new Nice device to Fibaro HC3 (both ways, with and without a remote), but I can only operate the step-by-step function.

Can you guess what I'm doing wrong?

ON3EBD also have only SBS function programmed. Maybe the remote needs to be reprogrammed? How?

Also, I tried to add ON3EBD as remote scene controller to Fibaro, a new device is created but does not work.

You think well. You can pair the device directly with Yubii/Hc3 like you do with remote control or copy from remote control, but you still have to pair each button separately (the screen with the buttons and the word bind, if you did only one (Step by Step) then this one will only work, then you can go to advanced settings of the device and there is an option to add bind the other buttons

We support ON3EBD too, so to bind him you used option add as scene controller and you dinded all buttons what you want use and later you created scenes for him?

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

You think well. You can pair the device directly with Yubii/Hc3 like you do with remote control or copy from remote control, but you still have to pair each button separately (the screen with the buttons and the word bind, if you did only one (Step by Step) then this one will only work, then you can go to advanced settings of the device and there is an option to add bind the other buttons

Problem is that in HC3 interface - advanced settings I don't have option to bind every button/funtion separatelly. I have only button TEST near function SBS, partial, open and close. And only SBS work.

4 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

We support ON3EBD too, so to bind him you used option add as scene controller and you dinded all buttons what you want use and later you created scenes for him?

I tried, I get remote in HC3, but I cand bind buttons separately. I tried add scene to button, but nothing happened.

• Inquirer
  • Screenshoot above is when I select bidi protocol and then I can't bind all funtions.

If I select mono protocol, I can bind every function separatelly and it works, but in this case I can't see door position (see attached screenshoot)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi Tomislav

Did you manage to see if the gate is open or closed. 

I did manage my self so i installed af sensor so i can see if the gate is open.  

br Martin

• Inquirer
  • 28 minutes ago, Martin Windsmose said:

Hi Tomislav

Did you manage to see if the gate is open or closed. 

I did manage my self so i installed af sensor so i can see if the gate is open.  

br Martin

Problem is solved by Nice and Fibaro support.

There is no any additional sensor, gate reports status to HC3