Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dare I buy the Fibaro Intercom?

Ettrig

Question

I just installed electronic locks on my door, and I am looking for a good Intercom-solution. On the paper, the Fibaro intercom looks great..

I want

• a video doorbell,
  • something that can control my 2 electronic locks
  • the possibility to use pin codes
  • Unlock with my phone without pin code

..but reading here, makes me very anxious.. Is the Fibaro Intercom reliable at this point?

Can someone say something good about it? 

The concerns I have from reading here is.. 

• Reliability
  • Heat.. lots of reports of the intercom being super hot?
  • Possibility to program Pin codes that work at certain times only (is this possible?)
  • The timing - do you think a new version will come soon / should I wait? It seems it's quite old..

So.. basically, can someone recommend getting it, or should I look for other brands?

7 answers to this question

Hi @Ettrig,

I would recommend to use DoorBird. Yes, it is bigger, but buttons feels very nice. 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Inquirer
  • @jakub.jezek thanks for your reply. I guess I should've said I live in an appartment. The Fibaro device is smaller so that's one positive ?..

(I guess I could look at some of the smaller Doorbird models as well.)

That said.. can you get the Doorbird to unlock automatically when you "get close with your phone" (Bluetooth?

5 minutes ago, Ettrig said:

(I guess I could look at some of the smaller Doorbird models as well.)

Check D11x series. 

5 minutes ago, Ettrig said:

That said.. can you get the Doorbird to unlock automatically when you "get close with your phone" (Bluetooth?

Unfortunatelly DoorBird does not have it. D11x series can be opened only from the app or keypad (if its there). D21x series has RFID reader.

• Inquirer
  • @jakub.jezek maybe I could build a separate solution for "get close with Phone" using some kind of Bluetooth receiver in addition to a Doorbird D11x.. do you have any experience with that? 

@Ettrig, if you can get one BLE receiver like this with potential free binary output you can connect it to DoorBird Input, which triggers internal doorbird relay.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the feedback @jakub.jezek, I will be trying a DoorBird D101S

Feels like a solid product, and I am curious to investigate how Homebridge works with Doorbird :)

• Inquirer
  • I installed a Fibaro Smart Implant directly into my Electronic door-lock (which is also connected to Doobird), so using the Fibaro Implant, I can control the Door directly through Homekit using Homebridge! I am really happy with the solution and it works great.

I did get the D1101V in the end, which has 1080p and I am rather happy about it. Video quality is ok. It looks great, and works well.