Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Use smart implant as a door sensor

missenberger

Question

Hello everybody,

the backdoor of my house is in a unheated room, where normal fibaro door sensors do not work very long. It's cold (minus 5 C in the winter months), it's wet (high humidity). So every four weeks the battery gives up or the device does not work anymore.

I installed a reed-contact and connected it to a old Gen1 Window-Sensor, that I placed in the next room (where its heated and dry). But my HC2 lost it once a week and I had to remove and re-include it every week.

I am wondering if I could us,a smart implant instead of this old Gen1 Sensor? The reed contact is still on the door and the wiring to the old Gen1 Window Sensor is still there. I could also install a electric socket to power the smart implant. Does somebody know if and maybe how I can do this?

Greetings

Michael

7 answers to this question

I think it will work I have used it for my doorbell.

//Sjakie

@missenberger

If you provide power for the SmartImplant (not from the battery), it should work. Pay attention to the polarity and working range of the SI voltage.
Good luck.
eM.

• Inquirer
  • @Martin_N: thanks for you reply. Do you habe any idea how the wiring needs to be done? I already checked the manual, but did not understand it.

4 minutes ago, missenberger said:

@Martin_N: thanks for you reply. Do you habe any idea how the wiring needs to be done? I already checked the manual, but did not understand it.

Browse this forum (section SmartImplant). I, or Fberges, for example, have put a large number of pictures here, where this is clearly shown.

I'm using two Smart Implants with reed sensors to monitor my garage door and rolling gate. One of the outputs controls the open/close button. The Smart Implants sit in a box but otherwise are outdoors. 

I got them when they were release. No issues since then.

The contacts are common components. I'm using these:

Please login or register to see this link.

and

Please login or register to see this link.

Hope this is useful.

/jayrock

@jayrock

I am using home assistant (HA) for managing my smart home. HA reveals the following sensors:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

If I want to check whether a door is opened or closed: Does the switch change its state or is there a sensor recognize open/closed states of the garage door or gate?