Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Walli + Philips HUE

andreiqu

Question

Almost all my lights are from Philips HUE and I have normal switches. The problem is that all the time I need to keep the switches on to be able to control the lights from FIBARO and if I want to control the lights manually I need to turn off the switch and to turn it on again. I saw that Philips has some new modules hue wall switch, but they are not available still and I will have to open each switch at each 2 years to change the batteries.

I was thinking to change the wall switches with Walli, but I have few questions:

1. Walli Dimmer (for normal led, not Philips HUE) needs bypass also? It works well with led?

2. Will Walli Single and Double work well with Philips HUE?

3. Now I have a scene for example when there is motion in one room to open the lights (Philips HUE) at 25%. Will I be able to keep the same function with Walli just by adding a block to turn on first the light?

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Hi Andreiqu

I have that setup and I can share with you how I run it:

* I have Homecenter 3

* I have multiple Walli switches (on/off toggles)

* I have alot of philips hue lightbulbs.

In the very basic form, the walli switch is "just" a smart switch. Meaning that once you replace your current ones with walli, off turns all the Hue lights off (no power) and on turns them on-meaning that they default to what you have configured them to.

So in it's most basic form, you have the Yubii app (previous Fibaro app) to turn on/off the power, and then the Hue app to change your lights color and such.

Where the walli really shines, is that you are able to create scenes, and send commands using the walli switch. This is a bit more advanced though and you will need some computer/programming experience if you want to make elaborate scenes, whereas there is a scene-builder that works fine for most people that are technical but lack programming skills.

For example. I have coded a scene, whereby double click upwards, means that it toggles all the lights in the kitchen on, double click downwards turns them all off.

This is still all based on power to the Hue lamps. But this allows my wife and kids to treat the switches like switches and not have to worry about an app, whilst still benefiting from automation.

The homecenter 3 does support integration to the Hue bridge, and can send commands to hue. This is up/down for light intensity, color and really anything you want.

For example, you can let 3 clicks up set the color of all lights to green... or individual color for individual lights, whatever you want.

For fine-tuning or playing around with colors, I use the Hue app... for the basic things, it's all controlled from the Walli switches, as this is easy for everyone in the family...

I wish you good success with your project. :)