Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Garage door - Interpret warning lamps

rasenkantenstein

Question

Hi,

I have a NICE door for which the Smart Implants does the great job of opening and closing them.

The NICE door also has an output for a lamp. If a light is attached it blinks slowly, when opening the gate. It is illuminating when open, it blinks more rapidly when closing and is switched off when closed.

The Smart Implant does in fact recognize this data. In the ZWAVE logs I can see frequent updates when opening or closing the gate. I would like to use this data to determine whether the gate is opened or closed. It closed when the light is off. It's not closed when the lights are flashing or if it's switched on permanently.

At the moment I have used a NC alarm input for parameter 20. (input 1 is connected to the NICE's output). Is this the way to go? Maybe I can also monitor the voltage? However, the voltage is alternating frequently... Do you have any thoughts or recommendations which settings could help for interpreting the lights?

Regards,

Konstantin

PS: I use Home Assistant in the backend to manage the Z-Wave network.

Edited by rasenkantenstein
changed PS

1 answer to this question

@rasenkantenstein

I recommend using a magnetic contact that determines the end position of the door. When closed, the contact will close.

If you insist on "light" monitoring, you will need a scene or QA that will periodically check the status of the SI input. Based on its input, translate the state variable to true / false and read it again. If it differs in time more than the blinking period, the light will change its status.
It is a daunting solution, because there can be two input states for one gate state at a time.
(for open light permanently / light - off - light ...)
For closed not lit ... but you have to check according to the period for open whether it is: not lit - not lit - not lit ...