Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

2 clicks required - Double Switch 2

whoami

Question

Hi,

have installed Double Switch 2 to our LED lights. But it requires always 2 clicks to switch on/off the lights. Even by setting the parameter 20 to 0.

Also strange is that the lights are always switched on with the lowest dimm value instead of the last value.

I‘ve really no idea what to do.

Edited by whoami

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, whoami said:

have installed Double Switch 2

Right.

1 hour ago, whoami said:

on with the lowest dimm value

Right.

So You probably mean "Fibaro Dimmer 2"?

It can be a hardware issue, it happens afaik if you have very long leads to the switch ( > 10 meter). But let's not jump to conclusions.

Please calibrate it the dimmer (again), by setting

• either p13 = 1 (force auto-calibration of the load without Fibaro Bypass).
  • or p13 = 2 (force auto-calibration of the load with Fibaro Bypass).

Refresh the web page after 20 seconds.

Then please take note (and post them here when you are in doubt!) of the values of parameters 1,2,5,6,7,8,13,14,30,31,32,33,34,35 because they tell a lot about the configuration, load and calibration of your Dimmer 2. Maybe we can find out what happened.

In the past, people have a few times silently ignored my request to post the values of these parameters. Let me explain *WHY* I would like to know them. You might think: "I didn't mess with those parameters (yet) - why should I respond to that question? Surely those parameters are all at their default values? Why waste time by telling the obvious?". Well... They are not at their "default"... You see... "calibration" means the dimmer tries to determine optimum values for a lot of parameters, by pulsing/stepping its output (you can see that) and measuring the response of the load (so each time you change the load,  please do a calibration!). Because you and I have a different loads on that dimmer, we end up with different parameters! And that's why I'd like to know what they are set at...

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the quick response. Its actually a Switch 2. The old unsmart set up has already a dimmer (Optotronic OT 240/220-240/24 DIM P

Dimmable 24V Constant Voltage LED Power Supply 240W IP67) with a Eltako SDS61/1-10V. 

What I die is simply to add the Double Switch behind the wall switch.

Before including device I‘ve reset it to factory settings and have included afterwards. Just changed Parameter 20 to 0.

Edited by whoami

Sorry, not a clue. It has got to be something with that dimmable supply you have. I monitor this forum closely and I haven't seen anyone mention anything similar in years.

I would add a "normal LED" or incandescent bulb to see if your switch setup is OK

• Thanks 1

Something struck my mind. Do the switches you have connected to S1/S2 have a neon indicator, or a LED indicator? That's something known to cause issues, because the indicator "leaks" a bit.

• Thanks 1