Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

All switches / All lights / All blinds operation problem in Yubii app

GTakacs

Question

Dear All,

When you navigate in Yubii app to view the whole house or one of the rooms you can see a summary section which can contain the All switches / All lights / All blinds status and buttons according to the equipment of the room or house.

As I found the categories of the devices decide which device belongs to the Light/Switch/Blind sections. When you check more categories the device will belong to more section. My problem is that I can not take out devices from all these sections. If I set any of the categories for a device except light and blind the device will be in the switches section, and will operated with the all switches buttons. When you click on the ON or OFF button at summary All Swithes section in Yubii App, the device will be turned on or off. This is very not good!

I use switch modules for safety and security tasks in the system. For example a switch module close the water valve in case of water leaking alarm, or a smart implant output give a contact to the alarm system to turn off a partition when somebody authenticate with the door locks fingerprint reader. In case when somebody accidentally click to this turn on all switches button in the app special scenes will start, or special devices will be operated which should not be operated by the user normal case (the devices are hidden or placed in hidden room), only the system should do anything with them!

I tried, but these all switches buttons operate the devices even they are hidden, or placed in hidden room.

So the 1st question is: How can I set a device (both physical and QA) to don't react to the all switches buttons in the Yubii app?

2nd question: When it is not possible, why is not possible? It could be a bug?

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Some update:

When the switch has the Blind category (even only this category or more categories) the device will not be the part of the "All switches" section and the "All blinds" sections too. So this will be a workaround but I believe this shouldn't be the normal operation.