Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 Text to Speech on SONOS

ChristianSogaard

Question

20 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • then i probably need  searching training, because i have searched this forum and the great www for the last hour, and didnt anything working for HC3. 

If you have something working and know where - i could use some direction?

Edited by ChristianSogaard
    P

Here is one for Sonos, not yet TTS, but MP3 to play

Please login or register to see this link.

and

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

I have no experience of Sonos, but I use a TTS solution via a tablet on the wall in my hall.
    Maybe it's easy to modify my scene to fit Sonos.

@davanha has created an app for Android (zenitgatekeeper.apk), and it's the one I use. The app has more functions, but I only use the TTS solution.

My scene monitors a global variable named "TTS". All text sent to this variable is read out on my Android tablet.
    The advantage of first sending the text to a global variable is that I can then use "exotic" characters such as. the Swedish Å, Ä and Ö without first converting these to UTF-8.
    Before each message, the app sends an optional sound "Tadaaa" (MP3) to alert you that a message is coming.

Please login or register to see this code.

Hi @ChristianSogaard ,

I do have solution, but it requires

to be installed and configured on e.g. Raspberry PI:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I haven't publish it yet. It is tested and working with latest Sonos S2 updates and TTS is tested and working with Google and VoiceRSS TTS services at this moment.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @ChristianSogaard ,

I do have solution, but it requires

to be installed and configured on e.g. Raspberry PI:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

That sounds really great, and its for HC3 ? - i think i can run the  node-sonos-http-api in a docker on my NAS. Do you have any ETA for the test for the Crowd?

3 minutes ago, ChristianSogaard said:

Do you have any ETA for the test for the Crowd?

It is actually ready to be released, just need to write User manual. I didn't make it public because I'm busy with other projects which I really need to finish as soon as possible.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

It is actually ready to be released, just need to write User manual. I didn't make it public because I'm busy with other projects which I really need to finish as soon as possible.

? thats like telling kids, I have candy but you cant havne any ??. Anyway - I have great respekt you evangelists that are coding and helping so much in this Forum ???

45 minutes ago, ChristianSogaard said:

? thats like telling kids, I have candy but you cant havne any ??.

??

I'm actually probing to see if there are users that use jishi solution.

OK, will do my best to publish it as soon as possible. Master Sonos QA will came a bit later.

Edited by Sankotronic

there is a way to do now but it does require the Skaro Home Automation bridge and the Sonos plugin.

TTS to Alexa and Google are free with the bridge

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

??

I'm actually probing to see if there are users that use jishi solution.

OK, will do my best to publish it as soon as possible. Master Sonos QA will came a bit later.

Would it work with @Krikroffsonos Integration - I'm already have integrated that on 8 SONOS speakers :-)

42 minutes ago, ChristianSogaard said:

Would it work with @Krikroffsonos Integration - I'm already have integrated that on 8 SONOS speakers :-)

Sonos API Player should work together with @Krikroff QA Sonos ZC Player side by side, but it is just doubling the same functions.

Sonos API Player supports all functions provided by jishi node-sonos-http-api including Grouping actions, TTS, playing clips that can be used as doorbell or alarm, unlimited number of favorite stations and playlists, sleep timer. Since now it is possible to save Spotify, Apple music and Deezer playlists as Sonos playlists there is no need for special support for these music services. All playlists saved as Sonos playlists can be read and played by Sonos API Player by code from other QA or scenes :-)

Only downsize of this solution is that it requires node.js capable device like Raspberry PI or NAS docker with installed jishi solution.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 20 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Sonos API Player should work together with @Krikroff QA Sonos ZC Player side by side, but it is just doubling the same functions.

Sonos API Player supports all functions provided by jishi node-sonos-http-api including Grouping actions, TTS, playing clips that can be used as doorbell or alarm, unlimited number of favorite stations and playlists, sleep timer. Since now it is possible to save Spotify, Apple music and Deezer playlists as Sonos playlists there is no need for special support for these music services. All playlists saved as Sonos playlists can be read and played by Sonos API Player by code from other QA or scenes :-)

Only downsize of this solution is that it requires node.js capable device like Raspberry PI or NAS docker with installed jishi solution.

Bring it on and let us test :-) i for sure dont have the skills to bring someting  like this to the table. 

Edited by ChristianSogaard
    P

2 hours ago, ChristianSogaard said:

Bring it on and let us test :-) i for sure dont have the skills to bring someting  like this to the table. 

Just writing User manual. :-)

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, Sankotronic said:

If you go that route why not go *big*? I mean, if you have a Pi to implement "whatever" already, you can use OpenHab or Home Assistant, then Fibaro Integration or MQTT integration

Or 

Or throw "Node Red" into the mix.

Each time someone mentions "Raspberry Pi" I could say this: Raspberry Pi Is A Trojan Horse

I do not feel ashamed to post this alternative on the Fibaro Forum an any way... If Sonos and Fibaro don't offer a (good, native, or community supported) solution then we have to look elsewhere.

I have nothing against the Jishi "Sonos HTTP API", other than that it only solves a narrow problem. And probably does that well and apart from possible surprises in upcoming Sonos S2 I guess it is a low-risk investment.

I could also tell you the downsides of going that "open source route". Like the amount of time you'll spend learning new things, ...

• Like 1

Hi @petergebruers ,

As you wrote:

24 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I could also tell you the downsides of going that "open source route". Like the amount of time you'll spend learning new things, ...

Every solution has its advantages and disadvantages. I'm merely trying to provide simple solutions for HC2 and HC3 that does not require too much effort from the users side since not everyone wants to spent big amount of time learning and coding LUA or any other open source solution in that matter. jishi node-sonos-http-api solution is not so difficult to install on Raspbian. Raspbian also comes with Node-RED and Python preinstalled, so who wants to learn and also install HASS and what ever else why not? Even I will do that in time, but not because I'm not happy with Fibaro, but because I'm curious and I want to learn more. :-)

• Like 1

Hi all,

Sonos API Player QA is published, just waiting for admins to approve. @K.Drozynski could you please do it?

Can be found here:

THANK YOU! :-)

14 minutes ago, K.Drozynski said:

Done, sorry for the delay :)

THANK YOU! ?