Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Encrypted Fibaro Quick Apps

jakub.jezek

Please, add encryption for the Quick App so the code will not be visible.

Some installers I spoke with would love to share their sollutions, but they do not want code to be visible. It is simmilar to Control4 where installers or driver developers protect their code.

How it should work.

• There should be encrypt button which copies whole device as new device without possibility to decrypt new device.
  • Code would not be visible from Home Center API, from Edit QA or from text editor as QA codes can be modified from text editor such as Microsoft Visual Studio Code. In place of code there would be some rubbish that only HC will understand.
  • HC internally should decrypt these no matter if it was created on this HC or not.
  • Imported encrypted QA will not have code visible in QA editor and API.
  • Variables should not be encrypted as you would need to add device ID (advanced control for Z-Wave device) or add licence key if somebody would like to sell them for few bucks.
  • Like 4

Hello Jakub, thank you for valuable feedback. Such requirement has already been observed and well noticed on FIBARO side. Not sure if I am proper person to discuss how this is going to be managed technically however the main goal is the same. 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Hi @M.Mróz,

Thank you for your response. Result of this "encrpytion" should be that user should not see the code even before uploading such QA.

Other system using similat thing is Control4. Software integrations are called drivers and if driver developer (either Control4 or 3rd party) does not want installer to get to the code, then driver is encrypted. Installer or distributors can change XML part of driver which is not encrypted, but the code itself is.

• Like 1

Sure, absolutely...control4 and not only. ?  Great way to protect the code and incentivize community for good work. 

• Like 1

Like Maciej said, we got plan for this. One will be that client will dont need download Quickapp and later upload to gate. Marketplace will be integrate with gateway and client will dont have option edit to to look in api to see code

@A.Socha Is there a forecast when this will be released?

@A.Socha Can you also solve the moderating problem of the Marketplace itself? Without proper moderating of the Marketplace, technical solutions are worth nothing. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

3 hours ago, A.Socha said:

Like Maciej said, we got plan for this. One will be that client will dont need download Quickapp and later upload to gate. Marketplace will be integrate with gateway and client will dont have option edit to to look in api to see code

so if internetconnection is gone the qa won't work?

no, why? That user will not upload manually quickapp dont mean HC, will not do this. (download and install in secure way)

Ah i read it wrong, ik thought that gateway is connected to marketplace and code is running overthere. my mistake.

@A.Socha

I have in my public QAs autoupdate function from my server (to have better user experience - for main QA and also for child dev with user interface)

Autoupdate should be also for encrypted QA (or to have APIs than I can create it in my QA code)

Thanks

Edited by petrkl12