Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

smart implant + commax dp-2hpr + 2pn - how to pass ring event to implant's input

naboo

Question

Hi,

my setup is:

- fibaro smart implant

- unifon commax dp-2hpr + gate module 2pn

manual:

Please login or register to see this link.

I'm trying to:

pass doorbell/ring event when pressing button on gate module to smart implant's input, so later I could integrate it into homekits doorbell functionality with my camera (this is an easy part for me)

I already have my smart implant setup by dp-2hpr powered with 12v but I don't quite know how to integrate it with the implant.

There are two wires going from the base to gate module, which I'm guessing is a kind of phone line.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

@naboo

Your problem is almost unsolvable. The two wires are the bus on which the power supply and data run (modulated audio signal).

You'll have to research and crumble the wreckage.
1) Find out if the internal phone rings an incoming call with its handset or if it has some other audio changer there.
If she rings the earpiece, she won't do anything about it. If it uses other audio converters (buzzer ...), you are able to monitor the status of this signal.
2) If it was 1) wrong and you can't get any impulse / signal ringing from the headphone audio,
you will have to divide the outdoor unit.
Here you have to disconnect the button from the electronics of the unit and connect it via SmartImplant similarly as in the manual for detectors.
Thus, .. disconnect the button from the unit and connect it to input 1 SI, connect output1 SI to the original location of the button on the unit.

This will only solve the signaling of the incoming call from the gate ...

If you want to control the gate, you will still need to use output2 from SI.
Pay attention to the load you can handle - max 150mA, which is not any lock I know.

When you writing, send photos and... we will help ...

p.s. I think that worrying about losing the warranty by interfering with the device is unnecessary, because it is almost as expensive as one SmartImplant.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • and yet, thanks to your advise I managed to do it :)

ad 1. there were no buzzer so this solution was a no go

ad 2. this made the magic, I separated outdoor unit button and connected it with smart implant, then made all software adjustments including homekit automation scene

I albo had a backup solution with connecting phone ring detector to home unit

Please login or register to see this link.

anyway, all works as expected now, and thanks @Martin_N for help :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.