Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Plug "disconected" and not usable!

PBe

Question

I have two Fibaro plugs in my HC2 that repeatedly appear as "inactive" and then no longer respond to switching commands. I have both reset and re-trained, unfortunately without success ;-( After a short time they are "inactive" again Now I have selected the button "easy device reconfiguration" and found that one of the plugs represents a completely wrong ID when deleting (see appendix). I suspect that the two plugs are somehow interwoven !? Does anyone have a tip for me on how I can delete BOTH plugs CLEAN from the HC2 and integrate them properly. Type of plugs are FGWPE / F-102 ZW5

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

First, remove both devices from your HC2 (Remove / Exclude device).
If there are still remnants of Wall Plug in HC2, delete them manually.

Then do a Factrory Reset on your Wall Plug, see below.

Resetting the Wall Plug:

• Insert the device into a socket
  • Press and hold the B-button
  • Wait for the visual indicator to glow yellow
  • Release the B-button
  • Press the B-button again, briefly

Successful reset will be confirmed with the visual indicator changing colour to red

Visual indicator and Wall Plug’s relay will turn off

Then put your HC2 in learning mode and immediately put your Wall Plug in the wall socket (near HC2).
Then the HC2 finds and configures the device automatically.
Repeat the procedure with the next Wall Plug and then everything should be OK.

@PBe I had the  same thing with two of my wallplugs, after a while switching them on would turn them off after a couple of seconds. and after a while they were not responding anymore.

Total reset and adding them again, make them work. But after a while same thing

I bought  a couple of aeotec switch 7 and problems where gone (ofcourse i dumped the fibaro wallplugs)

• Inquirer
  • On 7/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, RH_Dreambox said:

Resetting the Wall Plug:

Have already done this procedure because I got a tip from @svenG in another forum. Unfortunately, both plugs caused the same problem again after 1-2 days.
    That's why I posted the error here too, hoping that I would get a tip from a Fibaro employee on what else I can do to solve this problem.
    Buying other plugs, like @akatar did, is of course also a solution, but I would actually like to stick with Fibaro devices ...

I have now done an exclude and reset again, let's see if something changes.

When I included the plug again, I noticed that it is not enough to plug in the reset plug to teach it in. I had to press the button 3 times for both to start the process !!
    Does that mean anything?

Is it possible that I set any setting incorrectly and thus trigger this malfunction when I operate the plug via a virtual device, for example?

Edited by PBe

• Inquirer
  • Maybe an error that affects several cases?

I have a bunch of wall plugs for controlling decorative lights, especially during the dark months of the year, and some just for power metering. Nothing "critical" and nothing heavy in other words. Only small loads.

I also find that the they have a very short life span. Since started to buy these back in 2017, I have purchased 6 replacement plugs. As described by others in thread, the plugs become unresponsive, via z-wave and sometimes also via the button. Sometimes the switch starts to bounce back automatically after a few seconds. Resetting/reincluding sometimes works, temporarily, but after a while they simply stop working.

It is not a very stable product in my view, but they are the most compact ones on the market and the best integrated into HC2. And I find the colored ring very useful too. I use it to indicate "door locked" and such, so I have not really found an alternative.

But these plugs are becoming an expensive hobby...