Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Security/Login help

Chrisash135

Question

I have just bought a house and inherited an HC2 system but little information. Twice now I have been able to access the system using Fibaro Finder to see the HC2 then I logged in with email and a password. That was all on a laptop. I could see rooms, devices etc... and was self teaching and looking at manuals. 

I have also got the Fibaro app on an iPhone 7. 

For the laptop, using email and a password worked, trying to log on using the app at the same time seemed to throw up different login requests where the same password didn't work. It then excluded me for 30 minutes. I tried again, but again the password wouldn't work so I tried 'forgot password' option and it generated a new random password. That didn't seem to work either and before long I was excluded for 30 minutes again.

This is chaotic. I am quite used to login systems of this type but I have tied myself in knots with this. 

Is there someone at Fibaro who can take a new user through the different email/username/password systems so i can set it up correctly once and for all, on both a laptop and an iPhone?

I tried using the customer service portal but that needs yet another combination of username and password which may or may not be the same as the others...... It is driving me mad, and preventing me getting online to learn the system. It only really gets used for controlling an underfloor heating system so I have a few weeks yet, but I need help on sorting all the security mess out.

7 answers to this question

Hi @Chrisash135 ,

Just add your HC2 to the

Please login or register to see this link.

account. This way you will also check if previous owner of the HC2 removed it from his account, because you will not be able to add HC2 to your FibaroID if previous owner didn't release it.

After that use same account to login to your mobile app after which you will be able to select HC2. Browser on PC that connects to HC2 locally require to login with user credentials setup on HC2 and not FibaroID.

• Inquirer
  • Hi thanks for the reply. 

A few days on, I have stability on the laptop, getting access each time to my HC2 no problem. I have left the app alone while I get more familiar on the system using the laptop. My login is my email address plus a password which has worked every time.

Bravely I just tried the app again and chaos again, I am locked out! There seems to be two levels of security, one is 'login' the other is 'Fibaro ID'. Trying the details I successfully used on the laptop doesn't work on the app. Every time I simply get a message that the password is wrong or doesn't match, and so after a couple of tries it locks me out!

I'm afraid I don't understand the system structure well enough to know what your advice means. I can only use the laptop for access, so how do I get an understanding of what I need to do to link the HC2 to those same login details using the app? I just want what works on the laptop to work on the app but it doesn't and there is no way to find out which element is being seen as wrong. It's a loop you can't escape from and at this rate I am never going to be able to use the app to control the system.

Hi @Chrisash135 ,

have you managed to login with laptop to Fibaro ID:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I have managed to get onto the Fibaro ID system. However, when I go on there it asks me to link to an HC2 system. When I try to do that with my HC2 details it says 'this HC is already added by another user. Please contact tech support' and it then links me to a series of automated FAQ's which don't get me anywhere.

I don't understand how to resolve this, in effect it is the transfer of the HC2 unit from the previous owner to me which I am trying to do, but it won't let me register that HC2 under my name. When I access it using the laptop it is fine, it shows my user ID and the previous owner's user ID, so it knows two people are using the HC2, but with all the other systems it won't allow two users.

Ask the previous owner to erase the hc2 from it's account or sent a picture from the hc2 serial etc to support and ask them to remove the hc2.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks. I went into access control and removed the other user from the system. I think the app is now letting me in, but I need to try a few times. I think I have sorted the different security between the Home Centre login and the Fibaro ID system.

• Inquirer
  • Latest is the laptop access via WiFi at home is OK now. However the app on the iPhone works if I'm at home on WiFi but for some reason won't work if I am away from home out of range of the HC2 and the home WiFi. Do I have to do something to enable the phone to access the system when I am using mobile data or a remote WiFi system?