Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Somfy IO - sunshade integration

ppeterr

Question

In a few weeks, there will be a sunshade installed with a Somfy IO system. In advance i am

searching for a solution to integrate this into the HC3. The results for now dont make me really happy.

So, there is some sort of API. And it is possible to connect to IFTT. And thats it.

But again nothing concrete, or worked out for the HC3. That makes me a little sad.

But that was also the problem with my Powerview setup, and this wonderfull forum 

helped me to get that working. So i have hope :)

Well, anyone got some ideas about this ?

Edited by ppeterr

This can be  solution?

FGR-223-Rollershutter.

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • 41 minutes ago, Sjakie said:

This can be  solution?

FGR-223-Rollershutter.

//Sjakie

Well, it is already a "Smart" solution.

Please login or register to see this link.

Guest deSmartHomeChef

Hi ppeterr,

I agree with Sjakie. Call you supplier and ask him to deliver a manual operated motor without IO or RTS. The Somfy WT motors are normally wired, so you can connect a FIBARO Roller-Shutter module (FGR-223) yourself and have a 'real' Smart solution (not just a IO Remote). Somfy IO is a closed 'Smart' system. Integration into FIBARO can only be done 'hard wired'.

Somfy and Nice (owner of FIBARO) are in the same 'shading' business, so I don't expect any 'better' integration soon ?.

We have "smart" devices every where but if you have several different manufactures you need to be smart to have a smart home.

When I have my Somphy blinds even Somphy informed me that only Somphy equipment is working together and that was it.

I explained the "Somphy remark" and was going to change my order>>manual and a ordered two rollershutters and since 4 years my blinds goes up and down with HC2/HC3.

Succes,

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • @Sjakie @deSmartHomeChef

I directly called the supplier. I discussed it, and i will be called back about it. Its already been 2 weeks since the

order was placed, so i hope the order can be changed.

So just to make it clear.  I need a Somfy WT motor.  Thats a normal motor with a wired wall switch.

How easy is it to place the FGR-223 ? 

I am not technical, no elecrician. It worries me :)

• Inquirer
  • Found this - this is not something i see myself do....  :(

@deSmartHomeChef Found your website, and Youtube. Nice :)

Edited by ppeterr

of course it's possible to control Somfy IO over Somfy Connexoon IO gateway, over their cloud API. But it does add extra 150EUR, and their cloud availibility. There are 3 versions of Connexoon IO, so one need to take the proper one (e.g. when controling gate and shades, must be version which support both). Another disadvantage is, that Somfy didn't managed yet to include all their products into the API, so while one can control shades/motors over cloud API and App, gates are only working over app. Soon one will be able to use Velux KLF series gateways, the necessary TLS functionality on HC3/Yubii is under beta now. That will be killer, because Velux allows much more funny things, and afaik one can connect locally. 

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, tinman said:

of course it's possible to control Somfy IO over Somfy Connexoon IO gateway, over their cloud API. But it does add extra 150EUR, and their cloud availibility. There are 3 versions of Connexoon IO, so one need to take the proper one (e.g. when controling gate and shades, must be version which support both). Another disadvantage is, that Somfy didn't managed yet to include all their products into the API, so while one can control shades/motors over cloud API and App, gates are only working over app. Soon one will be able to use Velux KLF series gateways, the necessary TLS functionality on HC3/Yubii is under beta now. That will be killer, because Velux allows much more funny things, and afaik one can connect locally. 

Thats the path i intended to follow. With a extra hub, and  the somfy API. Thats also how the installer suggested it. I think i can manage that with a little help of the forum. Changing it to the FGR 223 method brings a few disadvanteges for me. The installer wont do the electrical part, and i 

will kind off loose the guarantie doing it myself. (if i can do that)

Well, for a system cost over 3k euro, thats a risk. I'm in doubt.

Guest deSmartHomeChef

@ppeterrIsn't it always nice to have a choice. Maybe I'm more of a 'wired unless'-type ?. I normally work with the wired WT motors and a roller shutter module (often with wall switch so there is always a button to push ?). It's pretty straight forward without to many dependencies. I don't think it will effect the guarantee since you're not doing anything the sunshade system itself, just adding a extra 'up/down' switch (aka FGR-223) in the electrical feed. But your right, it takes some electrical knowledge.

Thanks for positive remark!

• Inquirer
  • So, i spoke to the installer. It seems they dont know that much about home automation. Nice to know once a little

bit more about it then usual. Anyway decided to stay with the IO version. I think this is the "new" approuch.

Also, i dont want a rebuild of the current electrical situation, and i want a normal remote.

I agree, somfy API in the cloud is not the best idea. Also, them banning people who make too many requests to the api.

Well...thats just not oke. That sayd...i probably need a lot of help from this forum to get it working.

I am up to it :) And i am sure some some of you will help me.

Thanks already - to be continued. (few weeks)

Edited by ppeterr

• Inquirer
  • On 7/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, tinman said:

Hey @tinman

In the meantime, they have hung up the blinds here with somfy io. So I'll come back to this topic again. I'm still researching how to control it.

You mentioned the velux KLF 200 solution. I did some more searching and came up with the following.

This seems like a script that I can run locally on my RPI here. I have a somfy remote, which I think I can pair quite easily with a KLF 200. I also see a seller who sells the KLF 200 WW (I wonder what the WW version is) for 125 euros.

So my thought is. I buy that KLF 200 WW, run the script on my RPI. I'm making a simple quickapp that addresses various functions on the KLF via the "curl" cmd.

Do you think this could work, I see a big advantage if it can. Local adressing, and cheap.

Edited by ppeterr

• Inquirer
  • Well, living on the edge. Just bought the KLF

I just need more hubs conected to my hc3....... .. .

☺️

Edited by ppeterr

• Inquirer
  • Update: It works.

- Connected the somfyIO motor to the KLF200

- Installed the script

- I can now position the shades with a curl command on the CLI

Next up:

Find out how to run PHP Curl commands, since i already have something like that working for some other stuff in my HC3.

Or find out how to send directly Curl commands from a quickapp to the server.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • hey guys, I'm getting pretty far with the things I want to achieve with the hc3.

But for some reason I always get completely stuck on the LUA part.

I search the forum and find many examples. All different from each other and incomplete.

I need your help before I throw everything out the window.

What do I want:

A simple quickapp that handles the following curl url.

Please login or register to see this code.

Where the value position is a variable, perhaps with a slider 1 to 100

Any help is greatly appreciated!

@ppeterr we need a big5 plugin for hc3

i start reading but halfway i fell asleep, perhaos something is there that you can use

• Inquirer
  • 51 minutes ago, akatar said:

@ppeterr we need a big5 plugin for hc3

i start reading but halfway i fell asleep, perhaos something is there that you can use

Yes, I already created a topic in the homeseer forum asking the devs there to add curl to the BIG5 plugin that they are making for the Hc3.

No....kidding....

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, akatar said:

@ppeterr are they making a big5/6 plugin for hc3??

No of course not :) your sarcastic sensor is broken i think.

• Like 1

I guess so, i was so suprised but i should have known better

I don't know any plugins for fibaro that's usefull for me and i doubt there will be a plugin in the future that i will use.

i can see in the future that there will be a change that i will dump my hc3's

Edited by akatar

• Inquirer
  • OK. Anyway, I still think it's fantastic what I get out of the HC3. And some things bother me too.

But that is mainly the lack of knowledge to implement things that are not immediately ready for the hc3. It may fall short there, and not quite live up to expectations.

Anyway, you won't make it by complaining and shouting that it is better elsewhere. You don't score points with that :)

I make the best of what I can with the hc3, and luckily there are people like you. With a lot of knowledge, and very solution-oriented. But stay positive.

• Like 2