Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Somfy IO - sunshade integration

ppeterr

Question

In a few weeks, there will be a sunshade installed with a Somfy IO system. In advance i am

searching for a solution to integrate this into the HC3. The results for now dont make me really happy.

So, there is some sort of API. And it is possible to connect to IFTT. And thats it.

But again nothing concrete, or worked out for the HC3. That makes me a little sad.

But that was also the problem with my Powerview setup, and this wonderfull forum 

helped me to get that working. So i have hope :)

Well, anyone got some ideas about this ?

Edited by ppeterr

18 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

OK. Anyway, I still think it's fantastic what I get out of the HC3. And some things bother me too.

But that is mainly the lack of knowledge to implement things that are not immediately ready for the hc3. It may fall short there, and not quite live up to expectations.

Anyway, you won't make it by complaining and shouting that it is better elsewhere. You don't score points with that :)

I make the best of what I can with the hc3, and luckily there are people like you. With a lot of knowledge, and very solution-oriented. But stay positive.

Ow, i am not complaining but to be honest, some things that i want are hard to do on "fibaro platform" and so easy to do on other platforms.

and i think it will stay this way as long people that create plugins can't protect them for copying (there is a post somewhere that someone is spreading a bought plugin from tinman)

so iuntil there will be a marketplace for selling plugins nothing will change.

example, movie time

beamer on (infrared)

beamer screen down (fibaro relais)

denon receiver on (network plugin)

synology discstation on (wake on lan command)

ceiling fan on (rf frequentie)

hue light off (hue plugin)

this is with fibaro not easy to do, within hs4 one wave at my fibaro swipe :)

Edited by akatar

• Inquirer
  • I'm not sure if I agree with you here. I'm more of an open source, free-ware guy. On the other hand, of course, I also see the knowledge that hangs around here.

And who make many beautiful things for fibaro. Software that I would also expect from the fibaro programmers.

I actually expect those solutions with the product, like fibaro puts the HC line on the market. As an all in one product, it is not. And is now largely fueled by the community.

You can also see that at HA and Homey. There it is also largely community driven. And I don't think it has a marketplace for plugins either.

What I mean, the people who put together the beautiful things for fibaro. Should not be paid through the users. But perhaps rather through the manufacturer.

Sorry for my question if it was already answered.

I am planning to buy a Somfy wired Sunshade and want to use it with Fibaro Roller Shutter. Is it working well?

And I want to automatize closing it when there is high wind. I did not find a good windsensor, but Somfy Eolis 3D io is a z-wave sensor. Do you think it works together with Fibaro? Can I add it to fibaro devices to control the shade in wind?

Hi Flipsy - are you sure that the Somfy sensor has zwave? As far as I know, Somfy doesn't have native zwave and only works with a zwave bridge

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, Flipsy said:

Sorry for my question if it was already answered.

I am planning to buy a Somfy wired Sunshade and want to use it with Fibaro Roller Shutter. Is it working well?

And I want to automatize closing it when there is high wind. I did not find a good windsensor, but Somfy Eolis 3D io is a z-wave sensor. Do you think it works together with Fibaro? Can I add it to fibaro devices to control the shade in wind?

I think @Tim__ is right there, what i understand is that your plan is to get a Somfy RTS system. And the Eolis is a IO system.

IO you will need a somfy or other hub to control the shutter. And this will not work with the RTS controller.

So, you better get any other "normal" zwave device, and use this (if you have this) with some script in your homecenter

to control the RTS.

extra remark:  The somfy IO product line, aint easy to implement in your domotica environment. This is

a closed protocol. There are some ways to do it (KLF hub). But indeed RTS/FGR-223 is better to do.

FGR and KLF are explained a bit further back in this topic.

Edited by ppeterr