Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

disable alarm sound

hellp

Question

Hi. I do not want the audible alarm sound to go off. Online there appears to be discussion and images to indicate that the tamper and the alarm sound can be disabled. There appear to the screw options on images which I assumed meant that opening or closing these connections could activate/deactivate these settings.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

But my unit appears to have forgone those additions and I only have the external leads:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Question: how do I disable the alarm and any tamper option?

Side question: I wonder why this was designed with the speaker outlet angled downwards into the pool of water this is designed to test for. It greatly muffles the sound of the speaker (for those who want this feature). Seems an odd choice.

3 answers to this question

Hello, I dont have that sensor but as far as I can see what you want you cant do.

+

-

you can connect external power (NO bat operation)

1,2,3,4,5,6>>>>> wire to connect on wired system.

Remark:

I dont think its smart to change the suppliers devices.

Succes

//Sjakie

Don't know what gateway you are on (please update your profile), but in the parameter 75 you can change the Visual and audible alarms duration:

"The user can silence the Flood Sensor. Because the Sensor’s alarm may last for a long time, it’s possible to turn off visual and audible alarm signaling to save battery."

In parameter 2 you can also change the Acoustic and visual signals On / Off in case of flooding. 

"The parameter allows for LED indicator and acoustic alarm deactivation in case of flooding detection."

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Inquirer
  • i'm not using a gateway, using Apple Homekit (support my HomePod is the gateway). I found in the FIBARO for HomeKit Devices app I can turn off the tamper feature. But there is nothing in that app about turning off the acoustic alarm. I'd very much like to turn that off. If there is no way with the app perhaps there is an option with this button which is inside under the cover? Would prefer not to have to somehow break the speaker if I can avoid it.