Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

When are Icons going to be working??

Produno

Question

The icons have never worked for me since getting the HC3. We can actually upload our own now, but they dont actually do anything as you can see from the attached image. My uploaded icon shows as a box with a question mark. I have tried deleting it, restarting the HC3, re-adding it and still no joy.
And even those that do seem to show in the web dashboard still show a question mark in the app on my phone.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

On 4/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, m.roszak said:

You need to login locally to the gateway, then custom icons will be synchronized.

• Inquirer
  • 29 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:
    On 4/12/2021 at 11:02 AM, m.roszak said:

You need to login locally to the gateway, then custom icons will be synchronized.

Im not entirely sure what you mean by that? I log in the usual way, on my local network via ip.

I can confirm that a local network login does not solve the issue

I am using a tablet which is always been locally connected and I have the same problem!

I was lucky with a few icons that I removed and than re-added again.
    I saved them from the WEB-UI and tried to re-add them but some of them refused to be re-added!!

Besides this the Date decoding in the android app is wrong and shows dates like "20.07.2029"

where 2029 is the actual day = 29 and the leading 20 is for the year "2021"

and the temperature shows a "," insted of "."

On 7/29/2021 at 12:41 PM, Produno said:

Im not entirely sure what you mean by that? I log in the usual way, on my local network via ip.

If you log on locally from the app, the icons should download. It works for me, seeing others post perhaps not for everybody. 

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

If you log on locally from the app, the icons should download. It works for me, seeing others post perhaps not for everybody. 

Yeah this does not work for me either. You can also see in the image i posted in the OP that even though i have selected a new image for the Smoke Alarm it is still showing a box with a question mark.

Yes, I can see that. That is why the app needs to download the new icon by login in locally with the app. If that doesn't work, maybe Fibaro support has some other options for you.