Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Doubt about scenes

Vicent13

Question

Hi all,

Sorry because I know I am going to ask something really basic, or at least that's what I think.

I have a scene called "let's go sleep" that automatically runs at 23h (it turns of two lights and sets a blind into a specific %), but there are sometimes when we are still awake at that time so I have bought a motion sensor.

My first idea was to add into my scene the condition "if PIR detects movement, then DO [...]" but I have seen that my PIR detects movement every 5 seconds. So even if I am moving all the time in front of it, it detects I am moving at "second 0" and then it 'says' I am not moving during 4 seconds to return a movement command in the 5th second. This makes that, for example, at 23h there is an 80% of possibilities that my sensors is saying to the HC3 that I am not there even if I am. Any idea on how to deal with this?

I have thought something like YES/NO in programming but I am making my scenes with the HC3 instead of LUA or something like that. I thought somehitng like:

It is 23h? NO (then wait), YES -> PIR detects? -> YES (restart program), NO (counter +1 -> is counter=5? YES (counter=0, run "go to sleep" scene), NO (restart program)

Again, sorry. I am a completely newbie with this.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Vicent13

2 answers to this question

maybe something like this?

Between 23:00 and 02:00, and active Profile is "Day", when no motion in Living Room since 15minutes -> activate Profile "Night"

Of course in the profile night all the lamps / scenes which need to be executed as "let's go sleep" must be setup.

Of course you need additional scene, which will change the profile "Night" back to "Day", e.g. at 06:00

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_08/image.png.b52d5ec0ac2b7855acb92914cb60e89b.png" />

Working with profile will allow you to cover situations like "we have party, and everybody is right now in the kitchen, so let's set profile party" :)

• Like 1