Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Slow UI after update

Pete123

Hi,

I have a setup with one master and two slave HC3. After this update the UI is rather slow. It is just ok enough for me not to go back to the old version (5.070).

Does anyone else experience this?

I have cleared cash in my browser. 

Two different PC's has been tested with Edge and Chrome browsers.

Anyone who has any suggestions how to improve this, without downgrading?

18 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

Two different PC's has been tested with Edge and Chrome browsers.

and how is Firefox? Try to not use more that one tab opened, that helps, because each tab is doing own update every second ...

• Topic Author
  • 36 minutes ago, tinman said:

and how is Firefox? Try to not use more that one tab opened, that helps, because each tab is doing own update every second ...

Firefox is the same. If I go to setting > 5. Devices and then select a device, it takes about 8 seconds before I see the device "General" tab. This is in Firefox with only one window open. It was much more responsive with 5.070.

Yesterday I had to switch system to the one with 5.070 again and it was instantly better. RAM use is not high and neither is CPU use.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:33 PM, Pete123 said:

Firefox is the same.

Same here UI is remarkable slower then it used to be. Not enoying enough to roll back.

Just updated from 5.70 to 5.80. No scenes / devices  changed / added .

CPU is aproxx 5 % higher, Ram still the same.

I also experience this slowness problem.  Especially the SCENE page, I have to wait almost 5 mins before I can start actually using the page.  version 5.70 is fine no problem on the SCENE page for me.

17 minutes ago, Poom said:

I also experience this slowness problem.  Especially the SCENE page, I have to wait almost 5 mins before I can start actually using the page.  version 5.70 is fine no problem on the SCENE page for me.

?

Dev team is working on optimizations right now.
    When I will know something more I let you know. 

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

?

Please, now my device page and scene page frozen for almost 5 mins before I can start using the search box.  But once I use the search box to show less devices, it works as normal.  If possible, for system with over 100 devices or 100 scenes, may be it is better to start showing only the first few devices or start with search box because most of the time that's where most people start.   If you fix this, it will save most users a lot of time waiting.

Also after login, is it possible not to go directly to dashboard?  For large system like mine, it took minutes before dashboard finish loading.  And most of the time, when I log in, I don't use dashboard at all, I just (like most people) would probably want to jump to the setting page which load FAST!

@m.roszak I turned on remote access for you.  If you want to have your team come and look inside my system so that you can find the problem in the UI.  Hope this will help you debug.

On 8/4/2021 at 6:17 PM, m.roszak said:

I've just had a lengthy e-mail chain with someone from support, trying to convince them the ui is slow, but all I get is this as the answer:

Terribly sorry but there is nothing else we can do for you since your User Interface works fine in our opinions.

I sent them a video with buttons taking 6 to 8 seconds to respond, but everything seems normal to him / them.

So which is it? Is someone really working on this?

Yep, we are working on it.

In most cases this issue is related to large installations with a lot of devices in the system.
    Support has their own setups for reproducing issues but probably not as big as some of you :)

19 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Support has their own setups for reproducing issues but probably not as big as some of you :)

They had access to my device so it was my setup.

@m.roszak youcan use my system to test for optimization too. My set up has 4 slave gateways (1 HC3 and 3 HC3L) with 400 physical zwave devices.  I have remote access turned on (you already have access info). Hope this would help.

Thanks, I will contact you if there will be something we would like to check on your system. 

• 4 weeks later...

Same here :-(
    ~140 physical devices.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:01 AM, m.roszak said:

In most cases this issue is related to large installations with a lot of devices in the system.

Since last update from 5.070.42 TO 5.080.20
    I experience very slow Browser/WEBUI.

I can hardly change anything ( like labels , device setting etc.) without waiting up to ~30 sec before anything responds!!

This was not the case in 5.070
    I am using different operating systems Raspbian/Windows  and different browsers like Firefox/ Opera/ Chrome
    But it is the same everywhere!.

I also experienced a very sloooow UI since update to 5.080, nearly impossible to work with.

By accident I discovered today that in Settings/network the WIFI is activated, despite I have hard wired my device since the beginning and definitely the WIFI was disabled before the update.

So I disabled the WIFI and *oh wonder* the UI response time was like before.

Still not superfast but ok to use.

Perhaps this helps one or the other here

PS: my footer is not actual... I have HC3 in the meantime :-)

Edited by olob
    Wrong setup info in footer

• 3 weeks later...

so i was looking in to the problem butt i can't find the problem why the system is so slow 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.