Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Two identical devices behave differently!

MikeHCam

Question

I am currently testing two identical FGS-24s Double Relay Switches, both firmware v5.0. 

They are not connected to the pumps they will control yet, so both are connected only to mains power.

I am controlling them from a Hubitat and both are being controlled by the same driver software.

I have had one for a couple of months and it is behaving perfectly (as I understand things). Using the Hubitat I can open and close both relays. To change the relay state I send the device a zwave.switchBinaryV1.switchBinarySet with the appropriate value and to the appropriate channel, and then a zwave.configurationV1.configurationGet to the same channel to update the changed state. Both relays open and close perfectly and respond with a SwitchBinaryReport encapsulated in a Multi Channel Command. Great stuff!

I received a second device yesterday and it does not behave the same. Again, using exactly the send code on the Hubitat, I send it identical zwave.switchBinaryV1.switchBinarySet and  zwave.configurationV1.configurationGet commands and again both channels switch the relays perfectly. But on channel 1 the device responds to the configurationGet command with a raw SwitchBinaryReport not encapsulated in a Multi Channel Command, whereas on channel 2 it responds with a SwitchBinaryReport encapsulated in a Multi Channel Command as I would expect, and as the older device does on both channels.

Can anyone suggest why the two devices are not behaving identically? As I have worked out what is going on (after several hours!), I have been able to circumvent it by assuming that any raw SwitchBinaryReport is always from channel 1. But that is a hacked fix rather than a solution.

According to the configuration report messages they return to the Hubitat when I ask, the parameters in the two devices are identical - see below.

Thanks

Mike

The configuration as reported back to the Hubitat:

zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Lock simultaneous switching of Q1 and Q2 outputs: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Q2 output type: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Q1 output type: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S2 input – Double Click value sent to 3rd association group: 99
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S2 input – Switch OFF value sent to 3rd association group: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S2 input – Switch ON value sent to 3rd association group: 255
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S1 input – Double Click value sent to 2nd association group: 99
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S1 input – Switch OFF value sent to 2nd association group: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S1 input – Switch ON value sent to 2nd association group: 255
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Second channel – time parameter for delayed/auto OFF and flashing modes: 5
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport First channel – time parameter for delayed/auto OFF and flashing modes: 5
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Second channel – reaction to input change in delayed auto OFF modes: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport First channel – reaction to input change in delayed auto OFF modes: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Second channel – operating mode: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport First channel – operating mode: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S2 input – scenes sent: 11
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport S1 input – scenes sent: 11
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Alarm configuration – duration: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Alarm configuration - 5th slot: 83820544
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Alarm configuration - 4th slot: 50266112
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Alarm configuration - 3rd slot: 33488896
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Alarm configuration - 2nd slot: 100597760
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Alarm configuration - 1st slot: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Outputs orientation: 0
zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport Inputs orientation: 0