Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

scene to trigger wired sensor input.

comfix

Question

I have an alarm system which I want to combine with my fibaro system via the smart plugin.
This that the fibaro motion sensor triggers a scene and open the output 1 which will be NC.

See attached image for wiring alarm system.

So I've connected VCC to the red wire and GND to the Blue one and this powered on the smart plugin. Then the OUT1 to Z1 and other one of OUT1 to GND.
Tried different settings but I do not seems to get it working, nothing is triggering the Z1 wired sensors.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Afterwards I would like to use the alarm siren output to trigger a scene to put all the light on and maybe open all shutters too.

Then the electronic door pulse to activate the motion sensors.

Edited by comfix
update image + text

4 answers to this question

@comfix

Write the exact type of security system panel.
It may expect other voltage levels at the input (it assumes that input Z1 will be so-called balanced - it will be connected via resistors).
The type of cable zone Z1 as a 24-hour loop does not seem to me to be completely suitable for use with Fibaro. This type will sound the alarm regardless of the state of the security panel lock.
This means that after detecting the movement of the Fibaro sensor, you must trigger some delay before selling it to the security panel if the sensor is on the incoming route (at the entrance) and at the same time as a condition in the Fibar: if the security system is locked (so you must get locked / cut off) and the movement of the Fibaro sensor is detected, start the time delay and then switch the Out output to SI, which transmits the alarm signal to the security system.

Do you mind? Yes ... this combination can be very unfortunate. Let the equipment do what they have to do.

I'll add some advice.
1) Test how the safety system behaves when the Z1 zone is closed / opened. (typically closed = quiet, open = alarm)

2) Check the whole chain: Fibaro detector, scene, output contact OUT on SI closed
Maybe the SI isn't responding to you. In some fw it happened to me that if the "invisible" element of the scene, the scene simply refused to work.

Let the test result be known.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • Think this alarm panel has never functioned as it should.. although it was reliable and not really having false positives. It still had some functions missing or not working.

I had already my HC2 as main alarm in another home with 2 motion sensors and worked fine.

Just bought extra motion and door sensors, and a sirene.

BTW I bought also SMS so it can send text messages in case of alarm where I do not have 4G. Seems they support now also other countries.

@comfix

I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your text. Because you don't use question marks (?), It's hard to decode when you ask and when you say something.
    It is not clear from the text whether you have purchased motion or door sensors and a siren on Zwave or as a supplement to the security panel. What do you really want to help with?
    Did you perform the checks I proposed and with what result?

• Inquirer
  • My text was not a question... just a statement that I will remove my current alarm and implement full fibaro alarm.