Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion sensor not working according to a scene based on luminance

aly

Question

I have HCL 4.620 and an Aeotec 1.12 MultiSensor 6, model ZW100-C. It works well in the sense that when it detects movement it turns on the light.

I tried to create a block scene to turn the light on when it detects movement and it is too dark in the room, according to the guide:

Please login or register to see this link.

It seems that this scene is completely ignored. I tried to change the luminance level to different LUX values, but everything is left unchanged. It works exactly as before creating the scene. What I am doing wrong? Please help!

14 answers to this question

last thing to try

trigger is now second line in youre scene, put this one in first line and lux in second line, check trigger box

perhaps hc2 is working top-down with this

• Inquirer
  • May I also mention that the sensor is not on batteries, it is usb powered. Here is the screenshot:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

sensor < 2 looks a bit low? 

tick trigger box for movement, remove trigger box for lux.

and i would set pir save time to 60 seconds, remove the light off and create another scene:

if pir = save then turn off the light

So as long as you are in that room and it's dark, light are on, with youre scene they will go off after 60 seconds.

Edited by akatar

• Inquirer
  • 22 hours ago, akatar said:

sensor < 2 looks a bit low? 

I think that the sensitivity of the sensor it is not at very high standards. During the day it indicates maximum 7-8 LUX, while in the evening it shows 1 LUX or 0 LUX. When the lights are on I have only 22 LUX. However, the sensor is directed towards the floor, so maybe it explains the lower values of the luminance.

22 hours ago, akatar said:

tick trigger box for movement, remove trigger box for lux.

and i would set pir save time to 60 seconds, remove the light off and create another scene:

if pir = save then turn off the light

So as long as you are in that room and it's dark, light are on, with youre scene they will go off after 60 seconds.

I am not very familiar with the terms, but I will try to do something. So, if I understand well, I should create two scenes. The first one should be like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Am I right? The second one should be the one to turn off the lights. But I do not understand how to keep the lights off when it is enough light in the room (for example at noon)? Should I use somehow the LUX? Setting the PIR save time to 60 seconds is done by the corresponding parameter?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions!

above youre screen shot is a part called trigger

regarding the 30 sec pir time, look in aeotec pdf file to change this into 30 sec

• Inquirer
  • Could you be so kind to check if this is correct?

Setting pir time:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_08/scene5.png.f0665c634bd9dbb8cbaa728aa7bb3d6b.png" />

First scene (lights off removed):scene3.png.5bb59aede43bea15a0b3762085ff3c39.png

Second scene (adding lights off):scene4.png.de567a576ba6eafd5ebc2f75f59e59b6.png

looks good,

Parameter 3: Set the PIR time.

The default PIR time is 4 minutes. The Multisensor will send BASIC SET CC (0x00) to the associated nodes if no motion is triggered again in 4 minutes.
    Size: 2 Byte, Default Value: 240

Setting Description
    10 - 3600 The range of PIR time is 10 to 3600.

don't forget to wake up the sensor if you change this value

• Inquirer
  • Unfortunately it still does not recognize any scene. Any other ideas?

My sensor is usb powered. Do I still need to wake it up manually? I am asking this since the sensor is quite hard to access physically now.

Did you include it with usb power?

is the lux indeed 1??

because < 2 = 1

• Inquirer
  • Yes, it was included with usb power. I never had batteries on it. I tried it in the morning and LUX was 7 and it turned on the light.