Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller shutter 3 : 1xClick to start (up or down), then (while running) click again and it should stop...

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello there

I am struggling with Roller SHutter 3 module to get it work with remote control from Aeotec..or any else

The module has a bug probably, as the functionality is like following:

(I did make the associations as it should be)

1x click up button: it does nothing unless the blind is at the absolute closed position -- this is a bug. It shold work as it works in case of down button press

1x click and hold up button: blind is moving up, until i hold the button

1x click down button: it does go down wherever it is when i press the button

1x click and hold down button: blind is moving down, until i hold the button

So I cant use associations, therefore I decided to make it work through scenes, but i got stuck..

I want to achice a funtionality like this:

1x press UP button: it should start going up, wherever is the blind at the moment, and when I press UP button while its moving it should stop..

1x press and hold UP button: it should start the motion until i hold the button. If I release, then it should just stop.

the same for downwards

The problem is, I can't determine in scene, if the blind is in motion or not, so I can't make a LUA code for control the 1x press situation...

I tried also to change in parameters from momentary switch to toggle, but all the same...

There's no value, or property which could give me the blinds state (if they are moving or not) so I can't control the 1x press behaviour..

I tried also to hack it through energy or power consumtion, but it's also a deadway..because there is a minimum 30 sec reporting window for any state

change, so its not usable...

Is there any exepert or more experienced user, who can figure this out?

The associations are not working properly, so I need some scenes to get this work..

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

On 8/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Neo Andersson said:

I am struggling with Roller SHutter 3 module to get it work with remote control from Aeotec..or any else

The module has a bug probably, as the functionality is like following:

(I did make the associations as it should be)

1x click up button: it does nothing unless the blind is at the absolute closed position -- this is a bug. It shold work as it works in case of down button press

1x click and hold up button: blind is moving up, until i hold the button

1x click down button: it does go down wherever it is when i press the button

1x click and hold down button: blind is moving down, until i hold the button

That is correct and not a bug. It is problem of those Aeotec controllers. Those devices have On/Off instead of Up/Down/Stop as they are mainly used for lighting and scenes.

You would need Lua scene or bunch of blocks to get it working or use

Please login or register to see this link.

that has features to act as blind controller.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Inquirer
  • 45 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

That is correct and not a bug. It is problem of those Aeotec controllers. Those devices have On/Off instead of Up/Down/Stop as they are mainly used for lighting and scenes.

You would need Lua scene or bunch of blocks to get it working or use

Please login or register to see this link.

that has features to act as blind controller.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Thanks..Making it with a bunch of blocks...yeah..I did it...

But making it with LUA code (i would prefer that) is not possible...because i can't get the current status of the blinds..I don't know if they are in motion or not, so I cant determine when should 1x press of button act like ON and when should act llike OFF...

There is no way to get the info ab out blinds motion status..

A code in a quickapp like this would solve the problem:

function () QuickApp: trunOn()

If fibaro.getValue(id_of_rollershutter, "status") == "moving" then fibaro.call(id_of_rollershutter,"stop") else fibaro.call(id_of_rollershutter,"open") end

end

but there is no property for that..I have tried with energycunsumption or power, but it doesnt help, as the reporting window for power is minimum 30 sec..

If you have any idea how to determine if the blinds are in motion or not, i would be really thankfull.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

But making it with LUA code (i would prefer that) is not possible...because i can't get the current status of the blinds.

I was about to write such scene during my vacation. Now it depends when I will have enough time and mood to do it. It would be based on my scene I have for lights. I think it can be done with 2 global variables (direction and movement) per scene.

In the past I made blind control for Popp keyfob for 1 button for HC2, but that would need to be changed significantly so its better to make it from scratch.

• Inquirer
  • 9 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

I was about to write such scene during my vacation. Now it depends when I will have enough time and mood to do it. It would be based on my scene I have for lights. I think it can be done with 2 global variables (direction and movement) per scene.

In the past I made blind control for Popp keyfob for 1 button for HC2, but that would need to be changed significantly so its better to make it from scratch.

Yes, you are right,,with two global variables its possible..but i hoped there is something else..thanks anyway

• Inquirer
  • Actually this is not completely possible..I can achieve to store value of moving or not moving into a global variable after a button press, but here comes the problem again: we never know when the blinds are fully opened or closed, thats why the global variable will never change after the roller finished the cycle up or down..In these situations the global variable still remains OPENED.

No way to detect this.