Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

More security

JoeFibaro

Is it possible to force a popup when entry delay is activated?

For now you get a popup when alarm is breached, but you can deny the popup without turning off the alarm and even disable the alarm without entering a pin code by activate another profile (when disable alarm is set to the profile)

For example: you enter the house, entry delay is activated and get a alarm popup when you open the app or browser and you are required to enter the pin code first before you can continue using the app.

Make a scene to send a push message... never used interactive push but maybe it has also some functionality behind it.

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Sjakie said:

Set pin code in alarm settings.

//Sjakie

I know you can set a pin code in alarm settings, but you can deny it and disarm the alarm by switching profile (you don't have to enter the pin code, the system forced disarm the alarm)

So i think it would be more secure if you have to enter the pin code first before you can do anything else with the system.

• Topic Author
  • 22 minutes ago, comfix said:

Make a scene to send a push message... never used interactive push but maybe it has also some functionality behind it.

I don't want to be informed when the alarm is breached, but disarm the alarm before breaching in a simple way.

enter house -> entry delay activated (30sec) -> on a tablet near the front door a popup alarm panel to disarm the alarm.

16 minutes ago, JoeFibaro said:

I know you can set a pin code in alarm settings, but you can deny it and disarm the alarm by switching profile (you don't have to enter the pin code, the system forced disarm the alarm)

So i think it would be more secure if you have to enter the pin code first before you can do anything else with the system.

I don't want it. I like the way how it works now.

Don't want pin confirmation for disarm from scene or profile.

While you are the admin, just do not make scene or profile what can turn it off.

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, Milan Takacs said:

I don't want it. I like the way how it works now.

Don't want pin confirmation for disarm from scene or profile.

While you are the admin, just do not make scene or profile what can turn it off.

Can you explain why you don't want it? (just interested :) )

I don't want either scenes or profiles secured by pin in first place and maybe I did not explain myself well.

but I think it's much easier when you get a popup when entry delay is activated (not activated by a scene or profile or something like that, but just the alarm panel )

because the first thing you want/have to do when you come in, is disarm the alarm. (but when a burglar enters instead of you, he can't use the system untill the pin code is entered. another option is secure the app by pin, but then you have to enter a pin for every action when at home)

6 hours ago, comfix said:

Maybe something like this?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

push messages not working, the delay is too much.

Edited by JoeFibaro

1 hour ago, JoeFibaro said:

Can you explain why you don't want it? (just interested :) )

I don't want either scenes or profiles secured by pin in first place and maybe I did not explain myself well.

but I think it's much easier when you get a popup when entry delay is activated (not activated by a scene or profile or something like that, but just the alarm panel )

because the first thing you want/have to do when you come in, is disarm the alarm. (but when a burglar enters instead of you, he can't use the system untill the pin code is entered. another option is secure the app by pin, but then you have to enter a pin for every action when at home)

push messages not working, the delay is too much.

I'm living in a safe location, in a small village. The security isn't the first priority.

We - and some of my customers - use geolocation to turn the alarm off.

This is practical when you have a children, who come home from school alone. Don't need to give pin, he/she has a phone, and when he/she is near the alarm system disarms.

I know there are a lot of places where this method is not usable, but in that case I do not write scene or profile witch can switch the alarm. This is the simplest way.

So in the current method it is good for me, and good for my customers who lives less secure places.

Yes, if you use interactive push to turn off the alarm it can be good to use the PIN, but you can secure your phone with fingerprint os face recognition. 

• Topic Author
  • On 8/27/2021 at 11:52 PM, Milan Takacs said:

I'm living in a safe location, in a small village. The security isn't the first priority.

We - and some of my customers - use geolocation to turn the alarm off.

This is practical when you have a children, who come home from school alone. Don't need to give pin, he/she has a phone, and when he/she is near the alarm system disarms.

I know there are a lot of places where this method is not usable, but in that case I do not write scene or profile witch can switch the alarm. This is the simplest way.

So in the current method it is good for me, and good for my customers who lives less secure places.

Yes, if you use interactive push to turn off the alarm it can be good to use the PIN, but you can secure your phone with fingerprint os face recognition. 

Thanks for your clear explanation.

I also thought to make it easy for my wife and children, and I came from a different z-wave system that works like I said.

I'm not using geofencing, but maybe it's a good alternative. I'll test if it works for me too.

Thank again!