Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 + Smart implant + Not working

Hallamnet

Question

Hi all. Wonder if you can help me out.

So my HC2 died and and I bought a new HC3. On my HC2, I had a smart implant that was connected to 2 magnetic door sensors and all worked a treat until my HC2 packed in.

With my HC3, I added in all of my devices other than the smart implants and all went very well. Had a few units that were not compatible but nothing to expensive. All went well until i tried to add in my Smart implants. They have been added in and configured as a binary door sensor as per the screen shot but when the contacts are opened and closed, nothing reports back to the HC3.

I have tried removing and re-adding in security mode but nothing seems to be working with the HC3. I hav checked all of the cables with a multimeter and all is checking out ok. As i said before, all was working with the HC2 but with the HC3, nothing.

Can anyone help me out on what i might be missing. 

Binary Sensor Firmware version: - 5.2

HC3 Firmware: - 5.080.12

**Just to add as well. I have another smart implant that I used as a rain sensor connected to an RG-11 rain sensor and DHT22 temp/humidity sensor and this will include to my HC3 but again, will not pick up and contact changes nor will it show any humidity sensor but will show temperature but will not update. Seems like the new HC3 will not work with Fibaro’s own Smart Implant! 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Hallamnet
More information

3 answers to this question

@Hallamnet

Do you have separate inputs and outputs? During the transition from HC2, the SI configuration could change to the default one, where the inputs and outputs are tied together.
If you do not separate the inputs and outputs, they will not function as binary in the sense of sending a disturbed / quiet state change.
At least this is my experience.

@Hallamnet

Isn't this a similar problem? It is probably a combination of "correct" fw.

Please login or register to see this link.

eM 

• Inquirer
  • Yep. Looks like my issues. Thanks for the replies. 

I have managed to get my HC2 back up and running and migrated back to this for the time being. 

As much as I would love to use the HC3, I have too many devices that do not work and have reset it back to factory and will be used as a test bed for the time being. Once FULL support older devices like the original fibaro dimmer, universal sensors and smart implants, I will re think to move to the HC3. 

Thanks for the time replying. 

All the best, 

Hal :)