Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW controller via button and scene

Elibri

Question

I connected RGBW strip to RGBW Controller 2, 12v LED adapter, wall button and socket (photo

Please login or register to see this link.

). When using button the strip goes white on and off. All works fine. But when I try to use it through Settings > Devices > RGBW Controller 2 settings all works fine, however normal wall switch does not work after that. Controlled needs reboot then button works again.

Can't I use two ways to control RGBW strip at the same time?

My idea was to use it as a white light with a button, but set it to some colored light while watching movies or use it in the scenes as alarm.

6 answers to this question

Guest Benrive
On 9/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, Elibri said:

I connected RGBW strip to RGBW Controller 2, 12v LED adapter, wall button and socket (photo

Please login or register to see this link.

). When using button the strip goes white on and off. All works fine. But when I try to use it through Settings > Devices > RGBW Controller 2 settings all works fine, however normal wall switch does not work after that. Controlled needs reboot then button works again.

Can't I use two ways to control RGBW strip at the same time?

My idea was to use it as a white light with a button, but set it to some colored light while watching movies or use it in the scenes as alarm.

Hello there,

I have the same installation, so far I have not confirmed it. But my intention is that the button on IN1 activates a scene and that scene through LUA and depending on the time of day creates a different color variance.

My question is whether it is possible to activate a scene using the button on input 1 so that only one color is not activated.

• Inquirer
  • On 9/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, Benrive said:

Hello there,

I have the same installation, so far I have not confirmed it. But my intention is that the button on IN1 activates a scene and that scene through LUA and depending on the time of day creates a different color variance.

My question is whether it is possible to activate a scene using the button on input 1 so that only one color is not activated.

So you mean that it works both ways without issues?

I would personally prefer the same - to start a scene by a button depending on time of the day, UT looks like it's logic is pretty straightforward.

Guest Benrive
    On 9/25/2021 at 3:01 PM, Elibri said:

So you mean that it works both ways without issues?

I would personally prefer the same - to start a scene by a button depending on time of the day, UT looks like it's logic is pretty straightforward.

Hello ,

It works, I have configured the parameter 150 for HSB and I have placed a Push-button in IN3, later in HC3 I have configured with 1 press in IN3 to launch a scene.
    This works, my problem now comes because I can only launch one scene and in it I cannot put as many conditions as I would like.
    It should be done by LUA, but in this sense I am not an expert at all.
    I hope I've helped.

Hey,
    I've started playing with the RGBW Controller 2.

I'm only going to use one color, so I'm going to use one RGBW Controller 2 to light 4 LED lights individually with four mechanical switches.

I'm using it in a cabinet, as interior lighting, which is triggered by opening the door with a mechanical switch. I first tried it without a scene and found that the switch only works on double press. This is obviously not correct.

So I tried making a scene using the "block scene" on the DO "Remote" and used the "HeldDown" to turn it on. And it works perfectly.
    To turn off the light, I made a second block scene and used "Released" there. Again, it's tested and it works great.

But unfortunately this solution is only for one door and one LED light. i will have a total of 8 doors and eight LED lights.
    That means I have to do 8x ON block scenes and 8x OFF block scenes and that's an awful lot and I think it's easy to do.
    I converted these block scenes to LUA, but since I don't know how to program, it's useless. I don't know how to connect them. Either into a LUA scene or into something else.
    Could someone help me?

LUA version ON:

{
      conditions = { {
          id = 497,
          isTrigger = true,
          operator = "==",
          property = "centralSceneEvent",
          type = "device",
          value = {
            keyAttribute = "HeldDown",
            keyId = 1
          }
        } },
      operator = "all"
    }

fibaro.call(499, 'turnOn')

LUA version OFF:

{
      conditions = { {
          id = 497,
          isTrigger = true,
          operator = "==",
          property = "centralSceneEvent",
          type = "device",
          value = {
            keyAttribute = "Released",
            keyId = 1
          }
        } },
      operator = "all"
    }

fibaro.call(499, 'turnOff')

Edited by Green120

Are you turning each led strip on only when it's door opens? If so, you don't need an RGBW at all. You can just use a power supply and a micro switch with normally closed contacts.

Yes, that's right. 
    It just won't be controllable afterwards. 
    E.g. central lights, checking if someone has accidentally left a door open, brightness control, etc.