Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Repeated Notification from Installer app from HC3???

sarf77

Question

I have a clients HC3 controller that is working very well overall. It has around 158 modules connected.

Consistently for the past few weeks, this controller has been sending emails stating Home Center- Services are not working properly and then exactly 20 mins later Home Center- Services are working properly now. Always 20 minutes between events. Then I may get a break for a couple of hours and then again, repeat repeat 20min 20min 20min20min. 

I have checked with the client and their experience is great. I have logged remotely in during the 20 min period it says its offline and its fine. 

I have a ubiquite USG router on site with internet monitoring and we are getting no dropouts (albeit over a few hours) 

The internet connection is hard wired from right inside the comms cabinet it is in by one patch lead. Again, remote access is fine after email says it's not. 

Toolkit Shows everything working well. 

Tech support and suggesting I simply reset the controller and restore the backup. This doesn't fix anything it just bandaids it. 

Is there any way I can get in to see the backend controller logs? 

is there anyway I can see the controllers temperature? 

Any ideas? 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, sarf77 said:

Is there any way I can get in to see the backend controller logs?

yes, http://HC3-IP/api/service/logsDump
PM me for decryption / quick look

is there anyway I can see the controllers temperature? 

no, afaik no dedicated temp sensor inside. However, the main pcb is too complex to simply conclude something from the temperature sensor. 

Any ideas? 

there was problem with instaler services, when using zwave engine 3.0, but that has been fixed already in previous firmware, i assume you are on latest, and since i haven't seens any similar messages from my customers, it can be isolated issue.

Every 20mins, cool, the installer service monitor runs each every 10mins, so maybe crashing every second run. One can probably see something from the logs, take more than one, so i can look into the history. 

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks very much @tinman

Is there any trick to open the tar.gz files? Im on mac but running parallels also for windows. Cant seem to open it with winzip or the mac equivalent. Cant even get it from command prompt.