Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

I need help with my MCO z-wave swtiches controlling the Philips Hue

tmosimann

Hi all,

I need a genius input from you. I have my house full of MCO 4 and 2 gang switches and behind Philips Hue lights. The issue now is, when setting in a scene a color and/or dimming a hue light that does not apply constantly after switching on the light with the MCO switch. I'm aware if switching the power off, the hue light might get some time to connect. So I also tried with a delay. but that looks akward and is cumbersome - if I want the light dimmed to 50% then I don't want to have it for the first second to 100%.

anyone a genius input here? I neither don't want to have the swtiches all the time on as I fear the kids and wife will mess up and switch off and then I'm in a worse sitation.

many thanks for your ideas.

Thomas 

Connect the Hue lights in a way so they are constantly powered. But can be turned off by the plug-in or quick app with the MCO switch. Goodluck! 

Hi @tmosimann ,

HUE bulbs that are zigbee type and need HUE bridge to work does not like and need switches and dimmers that are meant to work with standard LED dimmable bulbs. There are wireless dimmers and switches that actually work with HUE bridge and can be paired to control those HUE bulbs.

Search a bit more about it on internet and you can find some dimmers and switches that are actually supported with HUE system.

I have plenty HUE bulbs and they are all permanently connected to power so that my automation can control them any time. I didn't bother to buy compatible switches and dimmers since my lighting is automated and needs very little action from us. I do use some z-wave remotes to sometimes set lights to specific scene and manual mode or back to auto.

• Topic Author
  • thanks so far.

well I have equippied the whole house with these z-wave MCO switches now and I'm not really willing to throw them away. 

No one with similar setup and issues out there?

• 1 month later...
    On 10/5/2021 at 2:28 PM, tmosimann said:

thanks so far.

well I have equippied the whole house with these z-wave MCO switches now and I'm not really willing to throw them away. 

Edited by ChristianSogaard
    P

On 10/5/2021 at 2:28 PM, tmosimann said:

thanks so far.

i dont know the product - but did a similarly integration with MATRIX 55 / ZDB5400

Your product is this - right? 

Please login or register to see this link.

so first you need to integrate to the HUE - for this you download the Children of HUE app in this forum.

Install and set it up.

Then you need to pair you contacts with the devices found in COH QA.

For this i used the Eventrunner QA - also found in this forum.

here is my EV4 rules for inspiration. it looks like you product supports central scene, Though i read somewhere that it dont.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Hi Christian,

sorry, I don't get it what I now can do. The Hue lights are included in the system. so what you mean with download the Children? And maybe you can elaborate more on what you mean with COH QA?